PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer fear again

BlueEyesShining
17-09-15, 12:48
Sorry if this post is too long but i have to vent! I fear skin cancer because this summer i have clearly gone overboard with the dosage of UV-radiation. And i know it`s irreversible. Baking in the sun and tanning beds. I know i`m guilty for that and i`m afraid that there will be a "sentence" for me because i cared more about my appearance than for my health. I feel somehow that there is a "doom" waiting for me and i`m afraid that if i get skin cancer everybody will say it`s my fault because many people have warned me not to stay out in the sun for so long. But the damage is already done. I feel really guilty. I`m constantly examining my skin. Luckily i don`t have any moles and i don`t have family history of skin cancer but naturally i`m very pale. I got to the point where i got really dark and i still am. I know i have done a big damage to my skin.

What`s more i fear that i won`t live to be with my loved one and i won`t have time to live all those beautiful moments that hopefully are waiting for me the next months and years. I`m afraid i will never again see them because i will die of cancer and that will be entirely my fault because i knew the danger and i just went on tanning for the sake of my beauty.

I`m just so sick of my health anxiety. I can`t live a normal life of a young person. I feel like my mind is going to explode.[COLOR="blue"]

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Anyone?

hheavenlyangel
12-10-15, 00:42
I too think how you do. I am a redhead with fair skin but I do tan. When I got married in early 2000 I did a stint on the sun beds. I remember my sister telling me that Im a fool for doing it - I never went back to the sun bed after I got married but I have spent most of my life in the sun - have had a few really bad burns where I have had blisters. I look at every freckle, every mole and any changes send me crazy so I fully understand. I actually wrote a post yesterday for this same thing.

I too worry that all this is going to happen because I was so silly and didn't take precautions. It does my head in to the point where I wish I could just be sedated so I didn't have to feel the anxiety. Its horrible. :(