PDA

View Full Version : question for IBS sufferers

lofwyr
16-09-15, 22:18
Hey guys, a question regarding IBS for those who suffer with it. I am 44 now and have always been gassy. However as I get older it seems like. It has gotten worse, especially in th last five years. And I mean a lot worse.

While not overly worried about it, I am getting curious about why and wanting to isolate the source or at least figure it out to the point of understanding it or accepting that maybe it's just the way I am. I have tried eliminating certain foods (though not tried gluten yet) to limited but not full success. I have tried gas ex medication which doesn't even touch it.

My question is this. I have never considered IBS as a possibility because I have always been pretty regular. No real issues with the bathroom stuff aside from terrible flatulence. I have gone through periods of stomach upset too, like heartburn and that overproduction of acid that makes you feel hungry all the time. That all said, could this be IBS? I have been an anxious person since I was a teen, probably before. Chalk it all up to anxiety induced IBS? Or does IBS pretty much require irregular bowel movements to be considered as a possibility?

Again, not freaking out, just coming here because if I google it...well, you know what happens then? 😜

Also, not asking anyone to play doctor, just asking those who suffer stomach and intestinal ailments for their knowledge.

TheMadOladCoger
16-09-15, 22:34
Hi,

I suffer from IBS and have done for a while though at the moment as long as I don't eat to much fiber I am normally good.

I myself suffer from a couple of things but like you I am pretty Regular and have only really had trouble with consistency of me stool (Sorry about that) anyway your question was about gas, I myself am gassy I could eat anything and I become gassy.

Have you been stressed or anxious a lot in the last 5 years? I find that they are the reason from my IBS so the reason for my gas. I can't say that it is IBS but it could be, IBS doesn't alway come with irregular bowel movements there are different forms One being pain predominate IBS.