PDA

View Full Version : Loud voice inside my head woke me up

Hypo84
01-08-15, 10:40
Last night I was sleeping for around 7.5 hours woke up went to pee and returned to sleep for around 1 hour more. After approx 1 hour I heard loud voice inside my head and I woke up instantly scared shitless.

No idea what the voice said, I don't care really, I just never experienced anything like this. Did anyone have similar experience?

countrygirl
01-08-15, 15:11
Yes it was a dream, nothing untoward at all. I have answered a loud voice when I have been dreaming and it always wakes you up. Honesstly its totally totally normal especially if you as you did you went back to sleep after a long sleep as you are only in rem ( dream) sleep so have very vivid dreams and this is when this sort of happens. Sometimes you also hear loud bells or bangs as well but its just part of whatever you were dreaming about. Hope this helps

Hypo84
01-08-15, 15:58
Thank you.

Never experienced anything similar so was like wtf is going on :)

countrygirl
01-08-15, 16:22
:) I agree its scary the first time it happens. I find I only get these sorts of things when like you I go back to sleep around the time I should get up.

Liv7117
01-08-15, 16:35
I've had this before, but not when I was sleeping. I heard someone saying my name in my head and it really scared me. It's perfectly normal like countrygirl said, especially when sleeping:)

SarahH
01-08-15, 21:21
Hypo... me too!!!!!

Never told anyone this.
But remember us "crazy" types have brains that are all over the place so odd things can happen. I believe that if you worry about it, it is more likely to happen again. Whereas if you just try to think about it as "one of those thing" then it is less likely to occur again.

I still get freaked out by de ja vu moments...I mean what the flip is that all about!!!!!!:wacko:

sarah

MyNameIsTerry
02-08-15, 00:20
It's called hypnagogia when falling asleep or within the first 2 hours of sleep and hypnopompia in the waking phase. It's very common and affects anyone. There is no treatment because... Its a normal function of the human body.

swgrl09
02-08-15, 01:01
Yes, definitely with dreaming! It's weird!

Help1989
02-08-15, 01:44
I've had this a few times and it can be so scary! Especially because you're all confused waking up anyway. Last time it happened to me it was a man yelling my name!! I was petrified but laugh about it now :)