PDA

View Full Version : Please help and reassure if you can 😀 health anxiety is taking over !

corwichnity
26-07-15, 15:15
So to cut it short . I was sitting down on the floor watching TV , I was wearing a belt , and they way I was sat it really was quite tight . I suddenly had sharp pains in that area , I had a irritated bladder and a horrible sense of irritation and discomfort . Urine sample was checked and bloods , completely clear ! The event happened on the first of May . So 3 months ago. I still have small sharp pains at times some days better than others ( even went away for a week and half). I had a full scan of organs last year but so paranoid of cancer . It's no where near as bad as it used to be but healing time seems ages ! Please reassure as I suffer major health anxiety !! Thanks all who comment

Elen
26-07-15, 15:20
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

kiiing
26-07-15, 15:43
So to cut it short . I was sitting down on the floor watching TV , I was wearing a belt , and they way I was sat it really was quite tight . I suddenly had sharp pains in that area , I had a irritated bladder and a horrible sense of irritation and discomfort . Urine sample was checked and bloods , completely clear ! The event happened on the first of May . So 3 months ago. I still have small sharp pains at times some days better than others ( even went away for a week and half). I had a full scan of organs last year but so paranoid of cancer . It's no where near as bad as it used to be but healing time seems ages ! Please reassure as I suffer major health anxiety !! Thanks all who comment

you said it yourself it's health anxiety which is actually a good thing to admit and understand
if you take a test and everything comes back normal or no need for alarm then .....you are fine
i have health anxiety myself especially because my anxiety causes heart palps
true story one day i got fed up that i actually looked into a ekg machine for home use.....right there and then i said enough was enough
i felt so ashamed of myself that i would ever get to that level and mind you ive had 8 ekgs within 2 yrs and all came back normal, strong and healthy

advice next time just say its health anxiety but also its always good to get checked out if you think its needed but again if the test comes back normal then its exactly that you're fine
and truth be told your own health anxiety can be causing those pains anxiety is very complex and hard to say what its capable of doing to you

corwichnity
26-07-15, 15:47
Trouble is I still have pain in the area yes it's not as bad or often as it was . But I as told if it was muscle damage 3 months max it will heal, I now got to 3 months and it's still here . So paranoid

kiiing
26-07-15, 16:06
Trouble is I still have pain in the area yes it's not as bad or often as it was . But I as told if it was muscle damage 3 months max it will heal, I now got to 3 months and it's still here . So paranoid

estimates are just that it might take me a week to recover from something but it can take you a month for example and vice versa
no one is this world has ever been that accurate
i broke my foot and i was told it would heal in 3 months ended up healing in one month
if you got medication take it we all need medication from time to time its not a big deal

tmckenzie-orr
26-07-15, 16:34
if ur bloods etc came back ok then your fine you need to relax and u know yourself its anxiety take a chill pill and relax lol

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

and stay off google