PDA

View Full Version : got smear test results

toria
14-05-15, 13:50
Hi I finally got my smear test results back, it has come back normal but have to have a colposcopy think because they have tested twice for hpv and they can't get a result from my test and they need to check properly, i am still worried that something is wrong has anyone else had this happen, thanks xx

MRS STRESS ED
16-05-15, 22:46
Hi I finally got my smear test results back, it has come back normal but have to have a colposcopy think because they have tested twice for hpv and they can't get a result from my test and they need to check properly, i am still worried that something is wrong has anyone else had this happen, thanks xx

I really don't think you need to worry ,but seems abit strange you are going for a colposcopy as hpv shows up with a smear ,I have had a colposcopy because I had hpv I had to biopisies came back low grade ,I have to be checked by the hospital now every twelve months ,its just to keep an eye on it and the hpv could even be gone try not to worry as your results are normal :D

toria
17-05-15, 12:49
Thanks for your reply, It confused me as well why I need one can only think it's because they test you for hpv now and the twice it's been checked they can't get a result it does say in the letter it can sometimes happen, or the other thing is have been having trouble with reacuring thrush and have a high growth of strep b which I needed antibiotics for so unless they picked up on those things and wanted to send me to get checked I'm not sure I am back at doctors on Wednesday for repeat swabs so will ask the nurse if she knows anything more, x

feelthelove
17-05-15, 15:46
I have had it done 25 years ago i won't lie to you it is uncomfortable but it is best to have it done and it won't be anything serious mine was pre cancerous .