PDA

View Full Version : Help please!!!:((((((

Psithurism101
06-05-15, 21:07
i got slapped by my mom quite forcefully in the temple area during an argument.. yeah she's quite violent.. My ears were buzzing immediately after the slap. And I feel dizzy and somehow slowed down! Now I'm worried that this will turn into something nasty and I will die :(((
I can't go to the doctor, I already had a CT done last year and no insurance.......
Help please! I'm very distressed:((( i don't know what to do

Gary A
06-05-15, 21:11
I seriously doubt you'll die, but you may have a mild concussion. Ideally, you should probably be checked over by a doctor.

Psithurism101
06-05-15, 21:14
The whole side of my face where I was hit is numb:((
I worry about internal bleeding :(( it's quite a delicate area as far as I know :((

Gary A
06-05-15, 21:17
Not at all likely. It's not unusual to feel a bit spacey after a blow to the head area. I think your biggest risk here is concussion, and a doctor should really be consulted for this.

Fishmanpa
06-05-15, 21:25
My response to this and things like "I'm having a heart attack/stroke or name your fear______" is that if it were that serious, you wouldn't be posting on a forum waiting for responses.

I'm more concerned that an argument escalated to the physical aspect. With the number of very young people frequenting the forums lately (Am I right to assume you're young and living at home?), it's concerning.

No one here is a doctor nor can we even venture to guess if a check is warranted. I'm not one for running to the doctor for reassurance purposes but in this instance, it may be wise.

Positive thoughts

Psithurism101
06-05-15, 21:32
Our arguments almost always have a physical aspect...

There is absolutely no chance for me to go to the doctor though.... :((

lyndau63
06-05-15, 21:42
Does your doctor know what you Mom is doing? If so, he/she should be prepared to see you at any time.

Psithurism101
06-05-15, 22:09
No one knows... We don't really have a good relationship with our doctor anyway.. My parents are some seriously weird an terrible persons.... :(

I am so worried that this is SERIOUS! :(( I mean she hit me right on the temple.. I even blacked out for a second!

MRS STRESS ED
06-05-15, 22:22
:hugs:
No one knows... We don't really have a good relationship with our doctor anyway.. My parents are some seriously weird an terrible persons.... :(

I am so worried that this is SERIOUS! :(( I mean she hit me right on the temple.. I even blacked out for a second!

I MUST SAY I REALLY AM UPSET THAT YOUR MOTHER IS VIOLENT TO YOU ,THIS MUST STOP! HAVE YOU GOT ANYONE YOU CAN TURN TOO,I AM A MOTHER BUT OMG I WOULD NEVER EVER DO THAT SHE HAS NO RIGHT XX :hugs:

Hypo
06-05-15, 22:42
Of course you are anxious. You are being abused darling :( With that going on it is no wonder you have anxiety.

There are people and organisations you can go to for help. I know it must be really scary, you will worry about the come back and we still feel loyal to our parents even if they are abusing us. But please please please call someone, they can help protect you.

Sometimes when we have big things going on in our lives we tend to focus on other things, like our health and transfer our issues onto that instead of the real problem.

If you can't get to the GP then there isn't much you can do, while I would advise you to go see a GP I think the worst thing that will happen is concussion, but is there any way you get get seen without insurance, mainly because it might start the ball rolling in terms of getting you help.

How old are you? is moving out an option?

Psithurism101
06-05-15, 23:26
Thank you for the kind thoughts! They did make me feel a bit better. Although, now I have a bad headache and this only amplifies my fear :((

I am 18... Moving out is impossible for at least 3 more years...

Fishmanpa
06-05-15, 23:37
I would contact a local family services in your area and discuss what's happened and get advice or perhaps you have a friend or relative that can help you. This goes beyond just a health concern.

Positive thoughts