PDA

View Full Version : Hi, everyone!

WalkingWithSpiders
13-02-15, 03:33
Just posted on another thread but figured I should also introduce myself. I'm in the US (East Coast), female, and recently turned 38 (gah!) Married with a 3-year-old (almost 4) daughter. I've had panic disorder since my 20s, generalized anxiety for most of my life, OCD since I was a kid (mostly contamination concerns), some social anxiety, emetophobia, plus a few major depressive episodes (one in college included a suicide attempt). Think I'm in the midst of a depressive episode now.

Currently seeing an (awesome) individual therapist, an (also awesome) marriage counselor, and a (still new but seems pretty good) psychiatrist. About to switch off from Paxil (have tried other SSRIs in the past) and onto Effexor.

As for other personal stuff, I'm currently working as a freelance editor and looking for a job that will use my recent master's degree in community health (earned in the summer). Fan of alternative/indie music. Also of beer (which I should probably drink less of, now that I'll be starting a new drug). Could say more, but will leave it there for now rather than rambling on. :D

venusbluejeans
13-02-15, 03:38
Hiya WalkingWithSpiders and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
15-02-15, 01:19
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.