PDA

View Full Version : ECG Clear still panicked

Anxietyinthesun
01-12-14, 18:25
Hi, So I went for an ECG a couple weeks ago and all was "Normal" I then sat with the doctor who said she does not think there is anything wrong with my heart. I also did full blood work which came back all clear. But I have a daily ache in the left side of my chest and then occasionally a sharp pain, this then brings on panic attacks and I'm so over this feeling. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I bringing on the symptoms myself?

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

nobody? :(

kristaok
02-12-14, 09:03
Last 3 days I've had chest pains too, I have read that panic attacks can cause chest pains as well. My grandmother gets chest pain when she's panicked. Not all chest pain means heart troubles, the majority is stress related or just random pains.

I hope all goes well, don't give up hope, and don't fear. :)

ohwell123
03-12-14, 13:42
its not heart related its anxiety related trouble is you doubt your doctor and the perfect test results,

If I sit there on the night time listening to my heart when all is quiet I can bring on some right pains, ridiculous really but I still do it,

during the day when my mind is occupied I live a perfect pain free life

debs71
03-12-14, 14:44
Hi, So I went for an ECG a couple weeks ago and all was "Normal" I then sat with the doctor who said she does not think there is anything wrong with my heart. I also did full blood work which came back all clear. But I have a daily ache in the left side of my chest and then occasionally a sharp pain, this then brings on panic attacks and I'm so over this feeling. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I bringing on the symptoms myself?(

Yes, I have had this and yes, you are probably bringing it on yourself, but not necessarily consciously!

I have had this on more than one occasion, and have also been convinved it was cardiac related, but each time it has just resolved and gone.

I always get it on the left side too, which stokes the anxiety fire even more, as we associate left side chest pain with the heart.

There are several things that are far more likely to be the culprit. Firstly, muscular pain....when we are anxious, we hold ourselves stiff and tight, often without knowing it. We can also over breathe when anxious - again, often being unaware of it - and this puts a strain on our chest muscles, hence the pain.

Secondly, another big cause of this kind of pain is acid reflux. You don't have to suffer typical heartburn symptoms to have acid problems and pain. Acid reflux is often felt in the side of the upper chest/heart area, like a sharp pain. Anxiety is gonna increase acid production, hence the pain.

There are things you can try for both of these things. I always use a heat pad on my chest when I get this pain, and within days it disappears. Pain meds also help. For possible acid build up, antacids or even better, meds like Ranitidine or Omeprazole really help with it.

Don't worry. Been there, done that, and I am still around (just about) x:hugs:

Anxietyinthesun
04-12-14, 17:16
Thank you very much! I have now been prescribed 10 days of Ativan and am trying to see how it works