PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys New, need some help

dex123
12-09-14, 18:54
Hey Guys,

I am new to this site, i hae read lots of posts onb this site but have never written anything.

So here it goes, i am 24year old, and my symptoms began 4-5months ago out of no where. I was diagnised with GAD 2 months ago and am now taking Cipralex. Which appears to be slowly helping. But the last 5 months have been pretty rough, i would do anything to feel "normal" again.

Symptoms

Spaced out (maybe derealization? but i am not sure)
- pretty much all day, but seems to wax and wain throughout the day. It feel like i am just out of it, or feel off

Headaches
- come and go throughout the day, very mild and seem to be all over my head (can be sharp or dull)

Lightheadiness
- have never passed out but sometimes i feel kinda dizzy

L eyelid twitching
- comes and goes and last <30secs

R sided facial "numbness"
- I dont know if i should call this numbness or not, but once and a while my face will feel very off, i can feel it it just feels slightly numb if that makes sense

Blurred vision
- comes and goes

Extremely tight sore neck and trap muscles
R ear tinnitus
Bounding pulse
Feels "hard to breath sometimes"

I guess what i am looking for is just some confirmation that all of this can be from anxiety, and how do i know if anxiety is causing this or something else.

Has anyone else experienced all of these symptoms?

Cheers
-

trish1955
12-09-14, 21:27
Oh yes e very o e of them I prob had today throughout now its how to except and not fear all them symptoms I have not hatred it yet. But you might xxx

Lyn89
13-09-14, 00:20
Hey welcome to NMP :) this is all very definitely anxiety, especially the facial sensation. I had the same feeling in my legs and right hand--it's a bad mental habit you've formed of focusing too much on the sensation of one body part/area so that it feels weird all the time. All of these symptoms I believe would go with distraction and continued meds. Are you getting any kind of therapy and do you have a distracting activity (work, school, club, hobby?) that you could immerse yourself in? I think if you completely set your mind on something else and see that you feel normal, this would really help you. It takes a while, so don't expect it to happen right away, but I'm sure you will improve and feel better. Good luck, hang in there

dex123
13-09-14, 04:22
Lyn89 thanks so much for your response it really helped! Your definetly right about the focusing on symptoms to much. For example today all I can think about is the off and on "weird" facial feeling but I don't really have any other symptoms (except for being spaced out) but tomorrow I'll probably wake up feeling something else and focus on that. I guess it's just hard to ignore the symptoms and move past them because it's all I think about, even when I'm busy or focused on something else it's still in the back of my mind "like why do I feel like this".

I guess if it was something serious my symptoms probably wouldn't wax and wain and stay constant right? It just hard to believe this is all anxiety.

Thanks tho lyn89 your reply really helped a lot.