PDA

View Full Version : Bradycardia.. 43bpm awake.

nokindofhero
25-08-14, 14:34
so, I haven't been on in awhile, basically because I've actually been on a good streak lately, but something new has tipped the scales of anxiety.

When I was 18, I had a surgery for a condition known as pectus carinatum and I recall the doctor and nurses double checking on me a lot because of a low heart rate. I didn't think much of it then but 10 years later and I'm wondering why the cause for concern.

Now, I check my resting HR lately and it's almost always hovering around 43-60bpm. 120-130bpm during sheer panic, surprisingly not that high.

Even now, it's actually at 44bpm and has been worrying me.

I read a lot of posts over at RLR's board and tried to reassure myself nothing was wrong and he gives solid scientific advice that has put much of my heart worries to rest except this one.

He mentioned that a secondary pacer kicks on under 40bpm but I'm scared I'll die in my sleep or something. I should also mention I eat very well, but I don't exercise at all and I've been basically agoraphobic, up all night and sleep all day, just relaxing as much as I can to stay calmer about things but am I too relaxed now? I don't get the physiology at work here..

nokindofhero
27-08-14, 13:08
bump..

claireypoo
27-08-14, 19:56
I have this too. Not always though, just since I gave up smoking and lost weight. It used to be always 85 - 100 but now my heart beat is 44 - 59, even nervous it only goes to 80 or so. Exercise brings it up, though. My GP. said it wasn't a worry as long as exercise increased it. In fact, he said, evidence suggests that it is very healthy. I was worried though, because I read on the Internet that only highly trained athletes have this. (I am not that by a long chalk! I am still over a stone overweight and I can't run more than a few hundred yards!) :) Trying not to worry about it. :)