PDA

View Full Version : In need of urgent advice!!!

backto505
25-07-14, 08:46
Yesterday for most of the day and since I got to work this morning, I've been feeling intense. Like I want to go 100mph, but not in a good way. I feel breathless and irritable because of this and I just cannot calm down. But there's no way I should feel so wired when I'm barely sleeping at night.

Is this definitely just anxiety???? Its there even though I'm not all that anxious when it started, and its constant!!! Feel like heart is racing and I'm gonna collapse or something!

spuder
25-07-14, 11:18
Yep anxiety I am having the same I feel like I've gotta be on the move can't sit lie or stand still for more then 10 mins. Anxiety really sucks don't it

backto505
25-07-14, 11:28
It's awful! I can't even get myself to believe that's what it is, it's messing me up that much! It's unrelenting too, sleep is the only release from this and I can't even do that, no matter how tired I am! I'm a 20 year old active male, life shouldn't be like this.

Had to take 1mg of diazepam to take the edge off, as much as I want to do this with as little amount of drugs as possible.

caroline-j
25-07-14, 11:47
Hi Backto505, Like you I am feeling really breathless at the mo. Have been like this for a good few days. Its really scary as its causing me upper chest pain on and off. Mine is def from Anxiety. As Spuder says Anxiety def sucks. I think with you panic has set in cause of the breathlessness. Sounds like anxiety but Im no Dr so maybe if it carries on I would suggest you see yr gp. Maybe he/she can give you something to calm you down. Hope things get easier for you. x

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

just read your last post. Dizapam is ok to take short term, as they are highly addictive. 1mg is a very small dose. I have in the past been on 5mg of Dizapam. x

dac0273
25-07-14, 11:54
Have you tried proponolol 10mg to slow your heart rate ?

But I'm feeling as bad today with psin in my left arm I'm scared I'm going to die of heart attack it's terrible isn't it x

backto505
25-07-14, 12:03
Maybe you're right, I'm just so stressed out at the moment because of how overwhelming this all is, I've gone from panicky, to upset all the time, to being so frustrated by it all at the moment! No wonder I feel as awful as I do. Just wish there was an off switch!!!

I used to be on 120 - 160mg of Propanalol a day and my body didn't like it too much, even though it did slow my heart down well. I came down to 40 a day 2 weeks ago and then just stopped it.

dac0273
25-07-14, 12:50
I really know how you feel , I really do wish there was an off switch, I can't stop worrying that I'm going to collapse and die from heart failure , I'm going to go for a run see if I survive , maybe I'll feel better .
Have you tried deep breathing to relax x