PDA

View Full Version : Food is getting stuck, hard to breath

Orange Lightning
25-06-14, 12:30
Thick mucus is plugging up my throat so much that I've experienced all sorts of symptoms I never did before, and they're giving me panic attacks. I tried to eat rice yesterday, and a prawn cracker today; both got stuck in my throat on the way down. When they did I found my airways clogged with mucus, and I almost lost my vision and balance being unable to breath. My body made me gasp for air but I still couldn't get the air past the mucus.

I felt so horrible I broke into tears, but even after crying all the stress out of me I still couldn't breath properly. I had to really clear my throat to do it, after which my throat felt really tight for a long time.

The problem is still going today. I've been suspecting reflux for a long time, but it's never done this to me before; I've been short of breath with mucus blocking me up before, but food hasn't gotten stuck before. It's terrifying and makes me worry my esophagus is beyond repair.

EDIT: What is happening to me?! I'm scared and petrified! I've broken down into tears again just now. I REFUSE TO LEAD A LIFE LIKE THIS. I CANNOT COPE. If those tests come back and say I have reflux, then I refuse to live with it when nothing can help me control it. It's awful, it's horrible, it's every time I eat, drink and do anything. It makes me break down every day multiple times; I cannot live like this much longer. I cannot just "suck it up and learn to cope" as it affects me in everything I do. Cure me or kill me, I don't care which one anymore.