PDA

View Full Version : Panic right now and hangover

Trueman
17-05-14, 09:13
So I'm terribly hungover and yes I can rationalise this is a hangover and self inflicted. But I am still panicking. My heart keeps racing every time I get out of bed, sometimes lying in bed. Then I can't get my breath, chest tight, throat tight. So I think my heart is unable to cope with the hangover and I will have a heart attack. I'm in the house on my own. Scared there is something really wrong. How do you stop yourself from thinking these thoughts?? I know really its all hangover symptoms. It's a horrible place to be in. I know I shouldn't have drunk so much but I did and I'm silly. Any suggestions to help alleviate the symptoms and anxiety?

JulieJay92
17-05-14, 16:41
i find crossword books or sudoku help ;)

this happened to me millions over the years, the comedown from alcohol heightens the hangover symptoms as they are both the same

people without anxiety feel these every time they have a hangover, we just read into it that we are ding or something but its just a thought

i found kalms or rescue remedy to be a great help when i lived in the uk

ankietyjoe
17-05-14, 16:46
You won't have a heart attack.

You just have to drink plenty of water and wait it out.

Trueman
17-05-14, 18:49
That for suggestions there. I have literally had to wait it out as said. Feel better now but still noticing palpatations. Takes so much effort to ignore/distract myself from them. Then those sneaky 'heart attack' thoughts creep back. This anxiety stuff is hard work!