PDA

View Full Version : new here, struggling with health anxiety :-(

rachael231
13-04-14, 22:02
Hello everyone, I'm new here today, i need to know I'm not on my own here or infact going crazy :-( I'm married with 2 sons who are 8 and 19 months, it ask started after my second son was born, 7 days after i had him my eldest son got run over, he was ok but badly hurt his foot and was in a wheel chair for 8 Weeks, during that time i started having panic episodes about my own health on who would take care of my kids if i was to die.... I feel my hubby would not cope so well. I then started getting pains in my legs n cried for hrs that it was blood clots, ive developed a condition called oral lichen planus due to my immune system being so low... I feel bad all the time, I've had symptoms for every type of camcer going, i quitsmoking, drinking, going out.. I work 16 hrs n love it. I've recently been to the doctors for the millionth time n he did all the blood tests he could possibly do, kidney function, liver function, fbc, everything n all came back fine... I had swabs took to check i had no sti, all clear..... I keep getting groin pain, n dull aches in the sides of my breast n now I've convinced myself i have cervical cancer... I'm beside myself!.. I'm of to the doctors tomorrow but i think i need to mention my anxiety levels are extreme. I cry, I'm Moody.. N i have everything to be happy about and I'm ruining it all. Anyone fancy givin me some pearls of wisdom and making me realise I'm not crazy :-( x

cartwheels
13-04-14, 22:31
Hi
You are not alone, nearly all of us having something that triggers off are HA. I'm like you married got kids good job etc. But for 7 years I have worried about my health. First it was going away from home and thinking I would have a heart attack, now its got to the stage where every sniffle I get I panic. Now seeking help and trying citraphlam.
Anxiety triggers of every symptom going. You are not mad its life stress overload
Take care and hope you find this site helpfull

xrachykinsx
13-04-14, 22:31
You are not crazy! I can only advise that you go to the doctors if it will put your mind at ease but the thing is...anxiety does all the things you're mentioning. I was convinced I had MS as I had numb arms, tingling feet, tingling hands.....it was anxiety.... and since being treated for my anxiety...I have no physical symptoms anymore. Anxiety is a rotten thing... :( xx

rachael231
13-04-14, 22:44
Thank you x yeah I'm gonna go the doctors tomorrow n explain how i feel, he has asked me before if i would like to talk to a counsellor but i said no.. Ive already been seeing a lady myself n i have Indian head massage and reflexology for relaxation, but i think maybe i should talk to someone to.. I'm just scared to leave my kids young and without a mom :-( it makes me so sad to think about, but I feel ill n i suspect i have nothing wrong with me.. X

Dido
14-04-14, 08:51
Hi I'm new here but have been looking at the sight
For a long time I have been experiencing
Aching all over my body for about 6 mts
Has any one else had this I am 53 & worrying
About this iv been to drs but he said its age
Would be grateful if any one else has experienced
This x