PDA

View Full Version : Blip or dose change needed?

EdnaLegume
02-02-14, 19:50
So I was quite tickled to be feeling well, even posted about it. Then at the 5 week mark started feeling not well again... lightheaded, anxiety creeping back in. Assumed a blip and realized I was about to have "THAT" time of month.. .sorry fellas.

Well I'm 7 weeks on Cit tomorrow and anxiety isn't improving at all. Worse even? is it possible it's still the meds settling? Started on 20mg, no change in dose since starting.

I'm wondering if I need to increase to 30? What do you veterans think?

Marty_67
02-02-14, 22:29
Hey Edna, we are round about the same time in but I am on 40mg.

Last week was hell for me but things eased on Friday and all seems fairly ok. I had to deal with some 'trigger' events at the weekend too and coped quite well.

'That Time' :) is very emotional and I am sure that will not have helped

Be interested to see how next week pans out for you

Marty

EdnaLegume
02-02-14, 23:16
I keep going back and forth on the dose change. on the one hand I think I should wait it out at least until 8 weeks, see if things level out. on the other hand I think I should try the higher dose, I can always come back down if it doesn't work out.

at least things aren't nearly as bad as they were initially. so there's a bright side! and what anxiety I do have, I tolerate it just fine. just a bit annoying.

afgzee
03-02-14, 00:16
I wouldn't keep changing doses so quickly. Keep on one dose for about 8 weeks at least, it took me 8.5 weeks to start seeing some improvement on 10mg. Been on 20mg for about 3 weeks now had some ups and downs and will get my next batch of 20mg tomorrow.

Stick with your current dose for a minimum of 8 weeks or even a little more before increasing as your brain will get confused with all the chemical changes.

EdnaLegume
03-02-14, 02:23
I wouldn't keep changing doses so quickly. Keep on one dose for about 8 weeks at least, it took me 8.5 weeks to start seeing some improvement on 10mg. Been on 20mg for about 3 weeks now had some ups and downs and will get my next batch of 20mg tomorrow.

Stick with your current dose for a minimum of 8 weeks or even a little more before increasing as your brain will get confused with all the chemical changes.

That's what I'll do. I started Cit on 20mg and that's all I've been on. Haven't changed dose at all. I'll give it a few more weeks and see if things settle down before thinking about going to 30mg.

EdnaLegume
06-02-14, 02:28
I'm going to call this a blip since I'm already feeling a bit better. not so much anxiety and the dizzy head has gotten better... except for today but I've been worrying over an MRI I had this evening. I'm horribly claustrophobic. While I did take a tiny bit of a .5mg Klonopin (like 1/8th) I got through the experience pretty well considering. Now I will just fret over the results until I talk to my doctor. lol

(never send home MRI brain scans with a person who has Health Anxiety... already diagnosed myself with 7 different tumors and what looks like a butterfly living inside my brain... pretty sure I even found an image of an Ood on one of the pictures)