PDA

View Full Version : Side effects of sertraline

stressedmamof3
11-01-14, 10:47
Dr prescribed me sertraline 50mg for me health anxiety, on reading the leaflet inside I have scared myself... One of the rarer side effects is cancer :wacko:
Why oh why did the dr prescribe me these :mad:

RoseEve
11-01-14, 13:37
Cancer??? I never heard that. Is it on the label or is this off the internet?

LunaLiuna
11-01-14, 13:54
Doesn't say anything about this on the NHS page..

MRS STRESS ED
11-01-14, 16:35
Im not being funny but do you think this post is helpful to anyone on sertraline Im on it ,Iv been reading it online and it said there no actual proof of this :mad:

Fishmanpa
11-01-14, 16:44
And many anti depressants including sertraline can cause suicidal thoughts and anal leakage and a plethora of other VERY RARE side effects. The benefits have been PROVEN to much higher than the risks of any side effects.

Many drink alcohol and the side effects are quite apparent and highly likely yet they still do. Why would you not take something to help you when the risk of side effects are so rare and the benefits so high?

TooMuchToLiveFor
11-01-14, 16:47
Having obsessively researched Sert two months ago in the beginning of this battle- I NEVER saw anything- even on the extremely rare side effects list- that links this med to cancer.

StressedMamof3- if you can muster up enough rational thoughts and strength to work through your meds.....then you will be able to treat your anxiety. Once your anxiety is treated.....your overly-sensitized fear of cancer will dissipate and that misguided information won't even matter.

nomorepanic
11-01-14, 17:38
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Catya
15-01-14, 14:09
Please could the lady who said about the cancer link say a little more about this?
Where has this been read?

I lost both my closest friend and my brother to cancer a few months ago .... so this dreadful disease is in the very forefront of my mind.