PDA

View Full Version : Im going insane

asatylerluca
12-11-13, 09:30
Hi all, well I joined this forum almost a year ago and mostly browse.Now my health anxiety is back with avengence.I was told by my lovely doctor that tge spot on my hand is definitely not basal cell carcinoma.But I cant shake this feeling of doom.I should be happy im healthy and well but I just have this feeling lurking that something bad is going to happen.I even thought about going back to the doctor just to double check.Is this feeling part if the health anxiety, I feel like im spiralling into a deep black hole:weep:

Andria24
12-11-13, 09:50
Hey Luca :)

Are you being treated for the anxiety disorder? It's an illness like any other and one the requires correct diagnosis and treatment.

To answer our question yes, feeling like all manner of doom and gloom is about to hit you is part of the illness. It does get better and recede over time but that's down to your attitude, the treatment your on etc.

Trust your doctor pet, and, if you haven't got a conclusive diagnosis fr your anxiety, make an appointment and go back and see your doctor and get started on your recovery. I'm sure you're just fine :hugs:

asatylerluca
12-11-13, 09:57
Thankyou Andria, you talk a lot of sense.Its silly isnt it when its someone else you can rationalise when its yourself it all goes out the window.I have been diagnosed with HA and am on the waiting list for counselling.I do trust my doctor who is lovely but I just have this nagging feeling shes made a mistake and keep examining this damn spot on my hand xx

Andria24
12-11-13, 10:20
Luca draw a face on your hand, use the spot as the nose or an eye. Give it a name, be silly about it. Its nothing to worry about, ok :)