PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Get Rid Of This Tight Chest

danbryn
11-11-13, 18:38
I woke up this morning with it, im quite healthy, i do suffer with anxiety but im not aware of currently being worried or anxious about something ?

I have taken A rennie tablet about 30 mins ago, its gradually easing off it seems,
If i go to GP tomorrow what will they Check?

katesa
11-11-13, 18:44
Is it tight hon or is it actually painful? (I'm not going to diagnose but I'm asking to help me answer your question)

Andria24
11-11-13, 18:45
Hey Dan :)

They'll probably do the usual - ask questions, listen to your chest, tap on it, blood pressure, temperature etc. I'm sure you'll be fine. It could be something as simple as a pulled muscle that's restricting movement.

danbryn
11-11-13, 18:47
Toght when i breathe in, like a pain :( really not helping myself by worrying either

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Hey Dan :)

They'll probably do the usual - ask questions, listen to your chest, tap on it, blood pressure, temperature etc. I'm sure you'll be fine. It could be something as simple as a pulled muscle that's restricting movement.

So no blood tests or anything scary like that?

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Is it tight hon or is it actually painful? (I'm not going to diagnose but I'm asking to help me answer your question)

Tight when i breathe in, sort of like the pain just appears

katesa
11-11-13, 18:48
Dan it sounds exactly like what I had when I had an acid/bile issue. It was so bad I went to the urgent care centre - only to be prescribed some Lanzoporole and sent home.

As the rennies have helped, I am certain that your GP will agree with me.

danbryn
11-11-13, 18:51
Dan it sounds exactly like what I had when I had an acid/bile issue. It was so bad I went to the urgent care centre - only to be prescribed some Lanzoporole and sent home.

As the rennies have helped, I am certain that your GP will agree with me.

Ahh okay ive had acid/bile issue before with my stomach, and nearly went hospital but i got an emergency appointment.
I had lanzoporole too, funny taste before swallowing them.

Seems a silly question but its like an inch down from my neck, could there be acid there :/?

katesa
11-11-13, 18:53
Yep definitely hon. Well not acid right there, but it can certainly refer pain up there! Or trapped wind (very common when you have a digestive issue like acid etc).

Sounds ever so silly, but it's worth making yourself burp a few times and seeing whether it helps - it doesn't always relieve it if it's trapped wind, but it sometimes does for me.

danbryn
11-11-13, 18:58
Yep definitely hon. Well not acid right there, but it can certainly refer pain up there! Or trapped wind (very common when you have a digestive issue like acid etc).

Sounds ever so silly, but it's worth making yourself burp a few times and seeing whether it helps - it doesn't always relieve it if it's trapped wind, but it sometimes does for me.

Ill try to burp :). Thank you. Just fed up when i take in air, it hurts a little. Bloody worrying lol

katesa
11-11-13, 19:02
I know chick - it's like "OH NO. HEARTATTACK!" (or some other death-inducing illness)

But it's not :-)

danbryn
11-11-13, 19:05
I know chick - it's like "OH NO. HEARTATTACK!" (or some other death-inducing illness)

But it's not :-)

Is it still worth going Doctors if the pain has gone by the morning ?

katesa
11-11-13, 19:07
It's up to you hon.

Personally, if it goes I'd put it down to something digestive and not go.

But if you think you'll freak out if it happens again (even if you think it's digestive again) then go to save yourself future worry

Andria24
11-11-13, 19:09
Dan it's unlikely re blood tests. If you're still worried the morra get yourself to the doctors. Try and remember that they're not there to kill you, they're there to cure you :)

And bloods don't hurt. Needles generally don't. And I should know - I've had some needles that'd be better shoved in a horse they were that damn big :)

danbryn
11-11-13, 20:15
It's up to you hon.

But if you think you'll freak out if it happens again (even if you think it's digestive again) then go to save yourself future worry

Doctors if its still here tomorrow, had it since waking up so gonna see how it goes

danbryn
12-11-13, 09:12
It's up to you hon.

Hey just an update, chest seems to be a lot better, still a tiny bit sore when i press my chest. Think maybe i slept on it ?

Andria24
12-11-13, 09:21
Dan I once woke up with the most godawful back/neck/arm ache and the more I moved around the worse it got. Turns out I'd slept heavy in a poor position.

Then there was the time that I got up out of bed, yawned and stretched (like you do) then trapped a nerve in my neck and ended up in a neck brace.

Or what about the time I did one of those 'up on your toes and reach for the sky' stretches that concluded in a damaged Achilles tendon and a walking stick.

I have loads of calamity Jane tales, all of which have been bloody painful (up to and including stitches and broken bones, honest) and none of which have been deadly. All being well that's what you've gone and done, something daft that you're not aware of and a few days, Ibuprofen and you're good to go :)