PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Like I Have Just Been Misdiagnosed

NeatlyHush
11-11-13, 12:36
Hello :blush:

For the last week and a half I have been suffering the worst headaches imaginable at the back of my head (lower skull/top of neck) combined with intense nausea, vertigo, blurred vision, ringing in my ears and feelings of disorientation. I have been taking Paracetamol daily which hasn't really been touching the pain.

This morning I decided to go to my local GP who checked my ears, nose and throat and told me my throat looked a little red and the headaches are being caused by a head virus.

Do you think this could be the case or have I just been overlooked (I was only in the room for 5 minutes).

Andria24
11-11-13, 12:52
Welcome to NMP :)

In answer to your question - I doubt anyone here has a clue. I know that misdiagnosis happen (it happened to me, several times) but I also know that, in the grand scheme, doctors are generally correct.

A doctor's job involves a process of elimination and, unless you present with significantly worrying symptoms, a doctor will start at the least deadly but most likely diagnosis. And, as I said. They're usually spot on.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Oh and if it helps, when I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder for the first five minutes I was in my doctors presence I just sat crying. Once I'd managed to calm down he said "ok Andria, I think we're faced with an anxiety disorder here, so let's have a look at how you're feeling and how you've been in recent weeks/months" - and he was right :)