PDA

View Full Version : Heavy limbs upon waking?

Ditapage
01-11-13, 20:59
I know I'm depressed. I wake up several times during the night with worrying thoughts. But waking up in the morning is horrible. I feel like I can't move. I have an ache in my neck and sometimes a headache. It's so hard to describe. Sometimes I wake up with a weak, shaky feeling, but lately its just weakness. Like I can't get out of bed, all my limbs feel heavy and I don't have the energy to get dressed. This is depression right?

Conni
03-11-13, 21:29
Hey there, I suffer from anxiety and I know the feeling you are talking about!! When I was at work at my desk my arms sometimes feel very heavy and that if i dont move them they will simply drop to my side and not work :( Not sure what causes it. May be over breathing so maybe try some meditation techniques :)

bluebottle
08-11-13, 07:28
I get this, and a pain, particularly in my left side, along with the headaches. Depression and anxiety causes some very strange symptoms and I think its because our bodies are all linked and our brain works them all. Really, if we look at us as a machine then it seems quite natural that we'd have these bodily symptoms.
They are frightening, but do you think that is because of the meaning we give to them? I catastrophise them and think they are a sure sign of impending death. Yet they go eventually.