PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Anxiety

jayjoe18
27-09-13, 16:49
I'm so upset. My mum has been and booked the holiday without asking me, I have until 8pm tonight to decide if I want to be added onto the flight!!!!

They are going to Cancun, Mexico!!!!! 10+ hour flight.

I thought it would be somewhere closer but that just seems way too far for me to even contemplate. Again it's caused huge arguments.

I don't know what to do, I'm so scared.

Either way it's going to be extremely difficult to cope :(

Please help :(

Rennie1989
27-09-13, 16:53
I'm a little concerned, you said you're upset that your mum booked a holiday without asking you, why?

jayjoe18
27-09-13, 16:57
I was contemplating trying to tackle the anxiety and go with them but she didn't discuss the destination with me and just went and booked Cancun which is way too far for me to even try to go and now I'll definitely be stuck on my own like I was worried about in my last thread :(

Rennie1989
27-09-13, 18:00
Ok then. Unfortunately the holiday is booked now. When is the holiday? If it's still some time away then you could use the holiday as a goal?

What is it about travelling that far that makes you anxious?

jayjoe18
28-09-13, 17:12
Hi Rennie, it's this February so not very soon but it will come round quick enough.

I'm just nervous about being stuck on the plane with anxiety, needing the loo (I have toilet phobia) being away from home and my comfort zone, being with other people (I spend all my time at home with just mum and sister) getting ill whilst away. Everything. But then I also have worries about not going and being alone and not being able to control my anxiety by myself, getting ill etc.

Just don't know what to do and I have to make the decision before the plane books up :(