PDA

View Full Version : Friend cutting herself :(

LolaBee6
13-09-13, 01:50
Hi.

I suffer with Anxiety and Depression really badly and in the past I was prone to cutting myself. That has stopped for many years now though.
Recently my friend lost her father and she's been going through a REALLY tough time. She's also fighting anxiety and depression.
However, recently she had an argument with her boyfriend. They've been together for 7 years so this wasn't a serious argument, it was just about cleaning the dishes lol
But she ended up locking herself away upstairs and cutting herself for the first time.
Now this has really effected me as its brought back a LOAD of un wanted memories. So I am stuck , I have no idea how to help her . She used to be there for me when I was prone to it but now she needs me and I'm not in the right state of mind to help anyone :/
I really want to help her but I'm scared I'll make her worse ??

Does anyone have any advice ?

I have offered to go to the Drs with her and we can have a chat with her GP but she's too embarrassed to .... I have told her not to be but she won't listen :/ I'm really scared she will do it again.
She cuts herself with a scalpel so it's really dangerous !!

Please help

aggiecuttler
13-09-13, 09:56
Hi there, you are in a horrible situation.
I am sure you are stronger than you think, so i am sure your experience will help your friend greatly.
I would say you must make your friend go to the drs explain that she does not have to feel so bad and so desperate as medications will help get her out of this rut, i would use your experience to guide her, keep on and like you said you can go together as a team.
Can you manage to get the scapel without her knowing, and does her boyfriend know what she is doing maybe he could help with this-if the situation is not good between them then maybe leave him out!!
I do so hope this may help a little bit and good luck and blessings to you:hugs:

LolaBee6
13-09-13, 23:16
The thing is she works in a store that sells models which require scalpels to help mould them to shape ?
So its hard to keep it away from her
Her boyfriend does know and is doing all that he can to help but she still does it :/

Its really worrying but I will take your advice and encourage her to make the Drs ap with me .
Thank you :)
Its really hard seeing her like this x