PDA

View Full Version : really scared... please help

whitneyS
03-10-06, 00:16
I went to a therapist for what I believe is anxiety problems, and I explained what I believe the most paralyzing of symtoms to be caused by the anxiety attacks. Which would be blacking out. What I mean by this, is looking around everything looks as if I'm in a dark room with a strobe light. Like, when my eyes are open, I see images flashing between normal and pitch black. When I told my therapist this, she seemed concerned, and asked if I've seen a neurologist. I'm very, very scared, because I haven't seen one. Has anyone else had this same 'blacking out' feeling before?

Whitney

mel78
03-10-06, 00:37
Hi Whitney - see my post (next one on the list). Sounds like something similar to what I'm experiencing myself.

surreylady
03-10-06, 09:14
hi whitney

i myself have disturbed and blurry vision due to anxiety. it is easy to pick up on the negative when you are anxious but try not to let it worry you too much. if you are concerned see the gp to put your mind at rest. all sorts of strange things happen to us with anxiety and it is pretty scarey, but i would get it checked to stop yourself feeling anxious about it

mandy xxx

positive attitude brings positive results

julieG
04-10-06, 21:15
hi there

have never had a blackout feeling but often have a strobe light feeling. really fast flickering and really bizarre. it usually happens if i get up in the dark and go into light ( eg getting up for the loo at 2am!) - dont know if this is the same as you but i know its scary.

check out with your gp if it worries you so much. anxiety is bad enough to cope with never mind worrying about physical health. get your mind put at rest hun.

take care

julieG x