PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

flori
13-04-13, 12:33
:)Hi everyone
Just like yourselves I have anxiety and panic attack. I have had them for years but are getting worse. I think I am going mad at times when they come on. On diazepam and lorazolam , 28/5mg tabs which have to last me 3 months. I understand we have to watch meds of this sort, but feel I cannot really take them when needed, because I have to make them last.

hanj16
13-04-13, 14:29
Hi Flori :)

Welcome to the site, I'm sure you'll find theres lots of support and advice on here!

Wishing you the best
Hannah

flori
13-04-13, 14:42
Thanks Hanj16.
I have already found really helpful info.

Wishing you the best too.

flori

Tufty
13-04-13, 18:15
Hi Flori and welcome,
NMP is a great resource and support network for anxiety sufferers, I hope you find it useful.

Sorry to hear that your anxiety and panic attacks are getting worse, are you taking any long term, regular medication apart from the Diazepam/Lorazepam? Have you had any talking therapy or CBT, they can help some people immensely.

Take care
Sam

Mark13
13-04-13, 19:46
Hi Flori. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

Annie0904
13-04-13, 20:03
Hi :welcome:

jelly2010
13-04-13, 20:15
Hi flori,

I know what you mean about the diazepam - I've been prescribed a small amount to help take the edge off my anxiety but I don't want to use them all up as I know GP's are reluctant to prescribe due to the possibility of addiction.

Have you looked in to counselling? I never thought I would be the 'type' of person to get anything out of it but I'm finding it helps. You need to find the right person though.

Take care, J x

flori
14-04-13, 00:02
Hi Flori and welcome,
NMP is a great resource and support network for anxiety sufferers, I hope you find it useful.

Sorry to hear that your anxiety and panic attacks are getting worse, are you taking any long term, regular medication apart from the Diazepam/Lorazepam? Have you had any talking therapy or CBT, they can help some people immensely.

Take care
Sam

Hi Sam,
Tried citralopam , but they always make me feel worse. Seeing someone next week from MHT for assessment. Got CBT a few years back and was coping quite well, but as I say they appear to be getting worse. But yes this sites great. It let me see I am not alone, as I was starting to worry I was going mad.
Thank you for the welcome and hope you are well

Flori

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:46 ----------

Hi Flori. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

Hi Mark,
Good to hear you this site has benefited you. Have never heard of your meds. Do they work for you.
Thank you for the welcome
Flori

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

Hi :welcome:

Hi Annie,
Thanks for the welcome and hope you are well.

Flori

---------- Post added 14-04-13 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 13-04-13 at 23:52 ----------

Hi flori,

I know what you mean about the diazepam - I've been prescribed a small amount to help take the edge off my anxiety but I don't want to use them all up as I know GP's are reluctant to prescribe due to the possibility of addiction.

Have you looked in to counselling? I never thought I would be the 'type' of person to get anything out of it but I'm finding it helps. You need to find the right person though.

Take care, J x

Hi Jelly,
I have to see someone next week from MHT because attacks are getting worse. Was there years ago for CBT and it did help. I know we have to be very careful with diazepam because of addiction to it. I am very careful and I make them last about 3 months. Just cant get any other meds that work. But really glad I found this site.
Thanks for the welcome and hope you keep well

Flori x