PDA

View Full Version : Constipation. Scared its bowel cancer.

lelespears
28-01-13, 20:39
Just read the daily mail where a woman we t to the drs twice a wk conplaining of stomach pain drs didn't help her and she was diagnosed with bowel cancer & died a month later!!!!

Now I'm petrified. I have started getting constipation about 3 months ago. I get a lot of trapped wind feelings on my right side rib & down to my lower right abdomen. I'm totally freaking out.

It feels like a have a ball stuck in my right rib. Scared its a tumour. I had a colonoscopy almost 2 years ago which was clear.

Lx

nomorepanic
28-01-13, 21:00
Reading the newspaper is just as bad as using Google I am afraid.

If you are worried then you have to see your doctor and they can do simple blood tests and stool sample tests.

lelespears
28-01-13, 21:07
My dr just keeps saying its ibs.

nomorepanic
28-01-13, 21:28
Well it probably is IBS but a diet rich in fibre and fresh fruit will help the constipation

PinkRoxy
29-01-13, 09:04
If you are really concerned then maybe ask to do a stool sample as they can detect things that aren't right in your body with blood and other things. If that comes back clear and the doctor thinks you don't need any further investigation then I would believe its just ibs.

I have ibs and over the years have had pains and such that have scared me half dead. bowel cancer is usually my number one fear, I guess mainly because I get bowel pains and stomach pains mostly.

But I have realised that my chances of getting bowel cancer at my age are quite slim. Im sore you will be the same. I would try some fibre drinks or fresh fruit and vegetables to see if that helps as I find it usually can be the best thing for my bowels at times.

I hope you are able to get this sorted so you can feel better soon. But don't worry about it being cancer as I really doubt it would be that.

lelespears
29-01-13, 15:08
Thank you!

Just scared its bowel or ovarian cancer!

Read the symptoms are they are the same!!!!

swgrl09
29-01-13, 15:43
I get frequent constipation problems and always have OC or BC in the back of my mind... but I started drinking a lot of water and eating more fiber, which has helped a little bit. Mine is made worse by a med I am on.