PDA

View Full Version : exhaustion

Jayjay
20-10-12, 14:57
I am desperate. I suffer from panic disorder and anxiety but my real issue at the moment is exhaustion. I am only up for around 5 hours every day. I am on medication as follows:

8.75mg bisoprolol (beta blocker) - 3.75am, 5mgs pm (reduced from 15mgs)
6mgs diazapam in evening
1 nytol in evening
7.5mgs zopiclone in evening

I also suffer from allergies

can anyone advise me as to what is making so unbelievably tired in the day time. I am in a terible state. People have told me that its not the sleep aids - what does everyone think.

Thanks very much.

venusbluejeans
20-10-12, 15:08
I was taking 2mg of Diazapam as and when i needed it and it left me totally shattered for the next couple of days after taking it. It was kind of like I had a hangover......

'The most frequent side effects of diazepam are drowsiness, fatigue' which may explain your fatigue/exhaustion

Harley
20-10-12, 15:40
Anxiety can leave you totally exhausted both mentally and physically. It really does take its toll on your mind and body. When I suffered I got so exhausted that I slept for three days, only waking to use the loo! A couple of times I took Diazapam. I was prescribed 2 mg and it too left me so tired for the next couple of days. I did not like feeling that way so in the end I stopped using it.

BobbyDog
20-10-12, 18:14
I would question the Benzo's!

Tufty
20-10-12, 18:45
I think the medication you are taking is probably the cause of your exhaustion, althought anxiety is tiring Diazepam, Nytol and Zopiclone is quite a combination of sedatives. I was told not to take Zopiclone and Diazepam together and Nytol and Zopiclone are both sleeping aids so maybe only one of those should be used. Saying that I have taken 4mg Diazepam and 3.75mg of Zopiclone on the same night when in complete terror and have slept really well but felt dopey the next day.

I don't know what to suggest you leave off first, maybe cut down the Diazepam by 2mg - I don't know how long you've been taking this combination but you may need to reduce the Diazepam dose slowly if you've been on them for more than 2 weeks.
Sam

Jayjay
25-10-12, 12:38
thanks very much for your response - much appreciated