PDA

View Full Version : new symtom

tricia56
16-10-12, 22:04
hi i have had anxiety for few yrs now and i thought id had every symtom going but a couple mnths ago both my arms suddenly felt very weak and heavy i could feel it traveling up my arms and into my chest which then i got pains in my chest ,its lasts a couple mins then i feel it ware off it did scare me at the time but i just tried to get on with things but then it kept happening and the last few weeks i started to get it every other day but since sunday its been happening every day and today ive been geting it all day .so i got really worried and went to see my gp tonight ,he assured me it isnt my heart and that he says its either minor panic attacks or anxiety attacks has any one else get this as ive never heard of it before thk u

eternally optimistic
16-10-12, 22:16
Hi Tricia

Yeah, I have had that in the past.

It is like a rush going through your limbs - I find it really quite freaky.

The best thing to do is try and ignore but, that can be easier said than done.

I thought I was having a stroke the first time it happened to me.

tricia56
16-10-12, 22:30
hi thk u for ur reply it does scare me and i too thought it was a stroke 0r something , i feel relieved abit now i know im not the only one who has experienced it so thk u

STEPHYUNO
17-10-12, 01:58
Hi there, I have had many similar feelings over the years, it generally is anxiety, so any ache or pain or tingly sensation, I would assume was life threatening, then of course the anxiety gets worse as the brain attaches to the anxiety.

What works for me is taking few deep breaths, (in through nose while saying the word 'calm' hold for few seconds then out through mouth, while saying the word 'relax') softly smile and let the thought just drift by.

Best wishes

Steph:)

Anxious_gal
17-10-12, 04:33
I've noticed when I get very weak, sweaty and lightheaded all of a sudden it helps to eat :)
I'm guessing my blood sugar got too N it would have been a few hours since I last had a decent meal.

Also if your b12 or iron is low it can cause similar symptoms.

andrewhowell
17-10-12, 13:03
I also had the same problem in my past and i felt very weak.