PDA

View Full Version : So scared I have vCJD (Mad Cow).. Can I put this worry behind me?

neptune296
11-10-12, 02:55
Hi all!

I know this is a silly worry and its so, so rare especially since I'm only 20 and live in the US. But for the past three and a half weeks I've been worried I have mad cow. The only symptom I have is a feeling of being unattached from reality. A feeling of being "out of it" kind of like what I've heard described as "derealization" or "depersonalization", like I'm going crazy :(. Its really scary but I've read its from anxiety.

I have no neurological symptoms but I heard it can take a bit for them to appear :/. So I've been waiting and worrying just trying to ride it out for a month or two when time can tell me I'm fine :(. But its already almost been a month, with no neurological symptoms does that mean its not mad cow? All the documentation and symptoms described on the CDC for mad cow are so vague so that doesn't help a budding hypochondriac :/.

I'm so worried can someone help?
Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

fozzy is crying
11-10-12, 03:07
Hi all!

I know this is a silly worry and its so, so rare especially since I'm only 20 and live in the US. But for the past three and a half weeks I've been worried I have mad cow. The only symptom I have is a feeling of being unattached from reality. A feeling of being "out of it" kind of like what I've heard described as "derealization" or "depersonalization", like I'm going crazy :(. Its really scary but I've read its from anxiety.

I have no neurological symptoms but I heard it can take a bit for them to appear :/. So I've been waiting and worrying just trying to ride it out for a month or two when time can tell me I'm fine :(. But its already almost been a month, with no neurological symptoms does that mean its not mad cow? All the documentation and symptoms described on the CDC for mad cow are so vague so that doesn't help a budding hypochondriac :/.

I'm so worried can someone help?
Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

Living in the US of A you have more chance of winning the lottery without buying a ticket than getting vCJD. There is no one here who could diagnose you had it or not. The only way would be to go and have tests done for it. YES they do exist now. Besides there has never been a 100% confirmed case or death from it in humans Worldwide since the scare started in the 1980s. FACT.

:bighug1::bighug1:

Gordon