PDA

View Full Version : Panic after exercising

GunMetal
08-10-12, 17:13
Hi guys

i just wanted to share with you a link i found which has helped me today. Like many of you i'm sure, i'm trying to increase my fitness levels in the hope that it will help my anxiety/panic. The problem with this is despite me starting off with very light exercise, most times i finish my work out and get overcome with anxiety (today's anxiety being particularly bad...breathless, dizzy and massively tired, all from 5 minutes of exercise).

I found this link and reading it really made sense and helped me so hopefully it could help some of you too

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/panic-attacks-discussions/general-support/10119219-when-physical-exercise-feels-just-like-a-panic-attack

Jenni xx

Brovy
04-11-12, 09:16
I am trying to improve my health and health and fitness stages in the wish that it will help my anxiety/panic. The problem with this is despite me beginning off with very simple exercises, most times i complete my work out and get get over with stress......

JoannaS
04-11-12, 15:29
Thanks for the link, I can certainly relate to all of that. I've been scared of exercising for a long time now. I associate a fast beating heart with a heart attack so I can never let it go over 130 bpm. Sometimes I won't check it on the monitor for a few minutes, but when I see it's shot up to say, 160, I'll panic and stop. Even though I was feeling fine before I checked the reading. I've challenged myself not to put my hands on the heart rate sensors but I just can't do it. Anyway, I haven't been to the gym now for weeks as I find the whole process too stressful! If my husband comes with me I'll be constantly asking him what his heart rate is. Sometimes it's gone to 190 and I'm thinking "How can he let it get that high without panicking?!"

I should really try going again but within about 5 minutes of cycling or cross training my head comes over all fuzzy and numb which panics me and I have to stop what I'm doing. There have been a few times when I've pretty much run back to my car and left in a blind panic!