PDA

View Full Version : not necessarily new....

tiredOfOcd
04-09-12, 15:46
Hi folks

I signed up for the forum a few years ago, stopped participating and now I'm back.

I've got some combination of HA and OCD. I'm 45, live in the US, am undergoing treatment and have things under control for the most part.

It wasn't always this way. I didn't seriously look for a solution until I was in my mid 30s despite having suffered with this since I was 5.

I'm here to give/receive support.

nomorepanic
04-09-12, 15:56
Hi tiredOfOcd

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

ChrisScotland
04-09-12, 16:09
Hiya.Welcome back.Glad to hear you've got things under control to an extent with your situation.

Hope you're having a good day.

janetfaye
05-09-12, 05:49
Hello and Welcome back!

I am trying to get things under control and it is hard sometimes.

tiredOfOcd
05-09-12, 15:33
Hiya.Welcome back.Glad to hear you've got things under control to an extent with your situation.

Hope you're having a good day.

Thank you.

I don't know that you ever get this 'under control'

For me, its a matter of managing my symptoms and dealing with stuff calmly instead of freaking right out.

---------- Post added at 14:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Hello and Welcome back!

I am trying to get things under control and it is hard sometimes.

Its a constant, on going battle. I've come to look at it as a prizefight - some rounds you win, some rounds your disorder wins, some rounds are tied BUT never quit fighting.