PDA

View Full Version : West Yorkshire?

Pages : [1] 2 3

BobbyDog
08-08-12, 11:01
All you people looking at this thread, come along and join us!

SATURDAY 6th October at 4.00pm WETHERSPOONS LEEDS TRAIN STATION(They do sell coffee for all those non beer drinkers including myself)
Some of us are meeting beforehand outside M & S at 2.00pm

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON COMING TO THE MEET, PLEASE CONFIRM BY FRIDAY THE 5TH OCTOBER ON THIS THREAD; AND ALSO STATE IF MEETING AT M & S OR WEATHERTSPOON'S/
Thank you
BobbyDog(sarah):yesyes:

oh no_1
09-08-12, 09:33
um is it actually in the train station? u going to both?
um um it gets busy in the train station doesnt it ?
um i dont drink coffee etc and wont be drinking as il make a fool of myself but il drink some orange juice.
um um how will i know who is nmp member or wotever?

BobbyDog
09-08-12, 09:55
um is it actually in the train station? u going to both?
um um it gets busy in the train station doesnt it ?
um i dont drink coffee etc and wont be drinking as il make a fool of myself but il drink some orange juice.
um um how will i know who is nmp member or wotever?

We will be going on a Saturday about 4.00pm and it should be pretty quiet at that time.
You can have a soft drink, I have either orange or coffee.
We can wear a badge saying NMP, then you will not miss us.:D

oh no_1
09-08-12, 11:58
a badge?????

um is anyone my age ish,,, im 26..... so anyone out there who lives in west yorkshire who is like 25-29 or maybe wider age range than that?

BobbyDog
09-08-12, 17:58
a badge?????

um is anyone my age ish,,, im 26..... so anyone out there who lives in west yorkshire who is like 25-29 or maybe wider age range than that?

No one your age has joined us yet, but there is plenty of time yet.

Hopefully by that time you will know me better and feel more comfortable about the whole situation.:blush:

Serenitie
10-08-12, 10:23
Saturday 6th October is in my diary :D

flower33
10-08-12, 21:49
sat 6th oct good for me in leeds x

BobbyDog
11-08-12, 08:09
sat 6th oct good for me in leeds x

Hope you can make it, will be great to meet you.:D

BobbyDog
11-08-12, 18:16
Six of us so far from NMP wanting to meet up, it would be nice to get some more people to join us.

BobbyDog
12-08-12, 16:56
Six of us so far from NMP wanting to meet up, it would be nice to get some more people to join us.

Incase anyone else wishes to join us and are put off by Wetherspoons, it is not set in stone, we may find a nice coffee shop somewhere instead, any suggestions would be appreciated.:winks:

Laura1989
18-08-12, 17:28
Im technically North Yorkshire, but only 40 mins on train to Leeds. Only joined the forum today though!

oh no_1
27-08-12, 20:43
hello laura.

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

how old r u runing girl?
i dont drink tea or coffee but will have a drink of juice....
oh gosh i really hope to be able to get there but..

BobbyDog
28-08-12, 08:00
Im technically North Yorkshire, but only 40 mins on train to Leeds. Only joined the forum today though!

Hey Laura,
I hope you will be able to join us, it will be our first meeting.:D
Sarah.

janei
28-08-12, 12:57
Hi all,

I am in Leeds and would love to meet up with you all. Are any of you on the more 'mature' side like me? :):)

Hope to see you all soon

Jane xx

BobbyDog
28-08-12, 14:06
Hi all,

I am in Leeds and would love to meet up with you all. Are any of you on the more 'mature' side like me? :):)

Hope to see you all soon

Jane xx

I am 47 Jane, young at heart, everyone else so far is younger than me, but what is a number?
It would be great if you could join us, it will be our first meet.

Sarah.:D

janei
28-08-12, 16:04
Sounds great Sarah. I will look forward to it :)

Jane x

speckles69uk
29-08-12, 23:22
Hey everyone, I'd love to attend.

l'll be there Saturday 6th October at Leeds Station.

Rebecca

x

Mikeywal
30-08-12, 18:13
Hi I'm new and I may be able to come to the 6th if that is ok. Just started getting anxety and Panics and would like to speak with people who have expierenced it for yrs. if thats is ok. :)

BobbyDog
30-08-12, 19:55
Hi I'm new and I may be able to come to the 6th if that is ok. Just started getting anxety and Panics and would like to speak with people who have expierenced it for yrs. if thats is ok. :)

It would be great to meet you, I am really looking forward to our first meeting.

littlelu
31-08-12, 10:30
Hi mind if i join you on the 6th? would be nice to meet some people in same situation!

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

a badge?????

Im 30 :)

BobbyDog
31-08-12, 10:39
Hi mind if i join you on the 6th? would be nice to meet some people in same situation!

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

Im 30 :)

We would love to meet you, I will post more details nearer the time!:yesyes:

oh no_1
04-09-12, 16:29
it only 4 weeks on saturday! oh my oh my oh my oh my

Laura1989
04-09-12, 22:22
im really looking forward to the 6th October! might treat myself to a bit of a shopping trip beforehand :p lol

Serenitie
05-09-12, 00:37
im really looking forward to the 6th October! might treat myself to a bit of a shopping trip beforehand :p lol

Good for you, Laura! I'm really looking forward to meeting up too :yesyes:

BobbyDog
05-09-12, 19:34

Go for it Laura, a great boost for the confidence.:D

NOGGIN
10-09-12, 18:26
Hi

I live in Pontefract and go into Leeds quite often. I would be interested in coming along :ohmy:

casswhite
10-09-12, 22:37
Hiya, im going to try and get down to leeds. im in wigan but will try to get down on the train.Be good to meet up with yas all :-)

BobbyDog
11-09-12, 07:28
Hi

I live in Pontefract and go into Leeds quite often. I would be interested in coming along :ohmy:

The more the merrier, hope to meet you 6th October.:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 07:28 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Hiya, im going to try and get down to leeds. im in wigan but will try to get down on the train.Be good to meet up with yas all :-)

Would be great if you could join us Casswhite, quite a day out from Wigan, had you thought about starting a thread to look for people in your area that would like to meet up. Not putting you off coming to see us though.:yesyes:

Laura1989
11-09-12, 23:40
Have we a definite time/place for this yet?? getting excited/nervous....but looking forward to it! I will deffo be there :-)

BobbyDog
12-09-12, 11:57
Have we a definite time/place for this yet?? getting excited/nervous....but looking forward to it! I will deffo be there :-)

Yes, Wetherspoon's Leeds train station, 6th October. If we can find a nice coffee shop that would be nice, any suggestion would be appreciated.:yesyes:

Laura1989
12-09-12, 18:53
I don't know Leeds all that well so cant suggest anywhere other than wetherspoons! Was it about 4pm if I remember rightly that we were going to meet? Only asking so I can stick it in my diary and let someone know at scouts if I'm attending an event with them or not!! :-)

BobbyDog
12-09-12, 19:50
I don't know Leeds all that well so cant suggest anywhere other than wetherspoons! Was it about 4pm if I remember rightly that we were going to meet? Only asking so I can stick it in my diary and let someone know at scouts if I'm attending an event with them or not!! :-)

Yes 4.00pm Laura, Looking forward to meeting you.:D:blush:

Serenitie
15-09-12, 21:31
Train tickets booked! :yesyes::yahoo::winks:

Laura1989
16-09-12, 09:27
Train tickets booked! :yesyes::yahoo::winks:
yaaaaaaaay!!! :-) :yesyes::yesyes:

flower33
16-09-12, 13:12
Cant wait I will turn up.
xx:)

t0rt01se36
16-09-12, 15:31
Just booked my train tickets. I will only be able to meet up for 45 minutes maximum, though, but that is enough for a good natter and introduction chat.

For all who are travelling by train, from and to the South, Leeds UTD are at home, so if I were you, I'd avoid travelling between 5 and 6:30pm.

I am excited!!!!!:D

Julie

BobbyDog
16-09-12, 21:35
I have booked my train ticket from Wakefield.
Trepidation/Excitement!

Serenitie
16-09-12, 21:54
I have booked my train ticket from Wakefield.
Trepidation/Excitement!

:yesyes: It seems like we're all keeping the trains in business :)

speckles69uk
16-09-12, 22:45
Shall I be odd and jump on a bus instead. lol. Can't wait to meet you all. Rebecca. xxx

Serenitie
16-09-12, 22:47
Shall I be odd and jump on a bus instead. lol. Can't wait to meet you all. Rebecca. xxx

:roflmao:Can't wait to meet you, Rebecca.

Cat xxx

t0rt01se36
17-09-12, 08:03

I will be getting a bus to the train station and no, you are not odd. I should of not booked to get the train and got a free bus, instead. Oh well. Atleast the train is quicker.

Julie

flower33
17-09-12, 09:57
Just booked my train tickets. I will only be able to meet up for 45 minutes maximum, though, but that is enough for a good natter and introduction chat.

For all who are travelling by train, from and to the South, Leeds UTD are at home, so if I were you, I'd avoid travelling between 5 and 6:30pm.

I am excited!!!!!:D

Julie

Thanks for that, I am trying to book a train back, looks like it will be busy with footie, the train I wanted is booked up.

t0rt01se36
17-09-12, 13:45
Try the Megabus.

BobbyDog
18-09-12, 14:13
Update on the meeting of 6th October 4.00pm Wetherspoons, Leeds train station:

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone, I have my reservations but I am positive that it will be a step in the right direction for my recovery and yours too I hope.

If there is anyone who is not comfortable with sitting for coffee/alcohol/food, you are quite welcome to go and do your own thing. An introduction would be nice and please speak to us before you leave the group to travel home.

Sarah.

Serenitie
18-09-12, 16:59
Update on the meeting of 6th October 4.00pm Wetherspoons, Leeds train station:

I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone, I have my reservations but I am positive that it will be a step in the right direction for my recovery and yours too I hope.

If there is anyone who is not comfortable with sitting for coffee/alcohol/food, you are quite welcome to go and do your own thing. An introduction would be nice and please speak to us before you leave the group to travel home.

Sarah.

I agree. Everyone should feel free to do what makes them feel most comfortable during our first meeting. We all experience and manage anxiety differently. Respecting each others differences and making each other feel at ease and as comfortable as possible is a great way to get things off to a good start :yesyes:

My train tickets arrived in todays post! I'm looking forward to the meeting and getting to know people better :D

BobbyDog
18-09-12, 18:37
I agree. Everyone should feel free to do what makes them feel most comfortable during our first meeting. We all experience and manage anxiety differently. Respecting each others differences and making each other feel at ease and as comfortable as possible is a great way to get things off to a good start :yesyes:

My train tickets arrived in todays post! I'm looking forward to the meeting and getting to know people better :D

Snap, got my train tickets in today's post aswell.:D Twilight Zone.:ohmy:

wizbit7
18-09-12, 18:42
id like to come but bit off a trip from nottingham,hope u all hv a blessed time

BobbyDog
18-09-12, 19:29

Thank you, that is so kind of you.:D

Serenitie
18-09-12, 20:46

How generous of you! Thank you :) Why not post a thread to arrange a meet up in Nottingham with local people in your area? Nothing to lose. The very best of luck to you :yesyes:

t0rt01se36
20-09-12, 09:57
How are we all? Excited? Nervous? Panicky? Anxious?

I am nervous and excited at the same time, about the Leeds Meet Up. Bring it on !:)

Hope the weather is good.

BobbyDog
20-09-12, 10:51
How are we all? Excited? Nervous? Panicky? Anxious?

I am nervous and excited at the same time, about the Leeds Met Up. Bring it on !:)

Hope the weather is good.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Ju':yesyes:

Laura1989
21-09-12, 16:31
im going to be in Leeds for the day as ive come into some money and thought id go and treat myself in town lol so i may come round a bit earlier if ive finished my shopping lol :-)

BobbyDog
21-09-12, 17:35
im going to be in Leeds for the day as ive come into some money and thought id go and treat myself in town lol so i may come round a bit earlier if ive finished my shopping lol :-)

I should be there a little earlier Laura, perhaps we can both go and spend your money together, I would like a new pair of boots for the winter.:roflmao:

Seriously though, my train gets in just after 3.15pm.:yesyes:

t0rt01se36
21-09-12, 21:03
I am not going to be arriving until just before 4pm and will be a flying visit.

littlelu
21-09-12, 21:28
Im looking foward to it, bit nervous too!
Think i might go abit early and do alittle shopping so if anyones early just let me know and ill come meet you :D

BobbyDog
22-09-12, 09:47
I am not going to be arriving until just before 4pm and will be a flying visit.

Doesn't matter how long you stay, I am sure we will all be glad to meet you anyway.:D

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Im looking foward to it, bit nervous too!
Think i might go abit early and do alittle shopping so if anyones early just let me know and ill come meet you :D

I should be there early and Laura is also going shopping before meet up. Are you using public transport or driving? What about 2.00pm? will send Laura a PM to see if that time is OK with her.:D

t0rt01se36
22-09-12, 11:04
I was ju ann 30.

2 weeks to go :yahoo:

Dreading using the ticket machine for the first time. I might ask next week, if I can get my ticket, from the office, instead.

Julie

BobbyDog
22-09-12, 11:14
I was ju ann 30.

Dreading using the ticket machine for the first time. I might ask next week, if I can get my ticket, from the office, instead.

Julie

I was worried about the ticket machine, but it's really easy, you put your bank card in and straight away the ticket pop's out.:D

Why did you change your user name Ju'?

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 ----------

Anyone want to PM me their Photo? Mine is on my profile. So far only know what runinggirl, serenetie and Ju' look like.

flower33
23-09-12, 22:42
I was ju ann 30.

Julie

HI thank you for your PM, looking forward to meeting you.
xx:)

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

I should be there a little earlier Laura, perhaps we can both go and spend your money together, I would like a new pair of boots for the winter.:roflmao:

Seriously though, my train gets in just after 3.15pm.:yesyes:

Hi I am going shopping before if you want to meet me before?

xx

t0rt01se36
24-09-12, 12:00
It is because of germs, why I aren't looking forward to using the ticket machine. :wacko:

BobbyDog
24-09-12, 13:47
It is because of germs, why I aren't looking forward to using the ticket machine. :wacko:

Can't you put gloves on Ju'?

flower33
24-09-12, 16:01
Can't you put gloves on Ju'?

Good idea buy some from pound land then you can bin them.

BobbyDog, yes I would like to meet before, I have sent you a pm:)

BobbyDog
24-09-12, 16:31
Now meeting 2.00pm outside M & S for shopping trip.

Wetherspoons 4.00pm drink/food/chat.

If I have this right, so far M & S meet are, runinggirl. littlelu, BobbyDog, Serenetie and hopefully Laura1989, though not heard back from Laura as yet.

t0rt01se36
25-09-12, 00:08
Now meeting 2.00pm outside M & S for shopping trip.

Wetherspoons 4.00pm drink/food/chat.

If I have this right, so far M & S meet are, runinggirl. littlelu, BobbyDog, Serenetie and hopefully Laura1989, though not heard back from Laura as yet.

Where is the Marks and Spencer store?

BobbyDog
25-09-12, 07:38
Where is the Marks and Spencer store?

Julie, M & S is right in the centre of town, can't remember the street name, but I will find out and post on here. You don't have to come at 2.00pm if you don't want to, you can still meet at 4.00pm.:D

t0rt01se36
25-09-12, 08:07
Is it Briggate?

BobbyDog
25-09-12, 11:36
Is it Briggate?

Yes, well done Ju':D.

Laura1989
25-09-12, 21:51
yea i'll be meeting you guys at 2pm :-) looking forward to it!

eight days a week
25-09-12, 22:16
I can't come alas, but I hope you guys have an amazing time (I am sure you will :hugs:) And - you lucky, lucky things meeting up in lovely Leeds, I am so jealous I cannot begin to explain it...

Hopefully I will be able to make it there one day very soon, because I love Leeds and Yorkshire so much, and also hopefully to meet some of you :)

Bobby and Serenitie thanks so much for your PMs, they mean a lot, I will try to respond just as soon as I can. Serenitie I am so sorry I haven't replied yet, I can't believe it's been a month!! :scared15: Please forgive me but I will be in touch :)

Have an amazing time at the meet guys - I am sure for many people just getting there will be enough of an accomplishment, but having been on quite a few meets myself I am sure that once you have managed that you will get SO much more out of it than that :hugs:

Serenitie
26-09-12, 00:33
I can't come alas, but I hope you guys have an amazing time (I am sure you will :hugs:) And - you lucky, lucky things meeting up in lovely Leeds, I am so jealous I cannot begin to explain it...

Hopefully I will be able to make it there one day very soon, because I love Leeds and Yorkshire so much, and also hopefully to meet some of you :)

Bobby and Serenitie thanks so much for your PMs, they mean a lot, I will try to respond just as soon as I can. Serenitie I am so sorry I haven't replied yet, I can't believe it's been a month!! :scared15: Please forgive me but I will be in touch :)

Have an amazing time at the meet guys - I am sure for many people just getting there will be enough of an accomplishment, but having been on quite a few meets myself I am sure that once you have managed that you will get SO much more out of it than that :hugs:

I'm sorry not to be seeing you on this occasion. I know how much you were looking forward to this meet up but there will be other times:yesyes:

It is lovely to have you back on NMP - you have been missed! I hope that you are well and look forward to catching up once you're settled in. Take care & speak soon:bighug1:

BobbyDog
26-09-12, 07:59

Thank you so much Pete, I hope you will be able to come and meet us sooner rather than later, we were looking forward to meeting you and going over your old haunt's in Leeds.

Sarah.:yesyes:

casswhite
26-09-12, 17:22
Hiya everyone hope your all doing ok :-). I wont be able to attend im affraid its alittle to far me at the mo, dont think i could do it

Hope you all have a good meet up xx

BobbyDog
26-09-12, 19:06
Hiya everyone hope your all doing ok :-). I wont be able to attend im affraid its alittle to far me at the mo, dont think i could do it

Hope you all have a good meet up xx

Really sorry you can't come, hope to see you soon.:)

Kieran
27-09-12, 19:00
This sounds like a bit of a girls day out. So I may have to pass. But I hope you all have a great time.

BobbyDog
27-09-12, 20:33
This sounds like a bit of a girls day out. So I may have to pass. But I hope you all have a great time.

You are quite welcome to join us Kieran, the more the merrier, perhaps you can find some boys to join us on our next meet.:D

Serenitie
28-09-12, 20:36

Hi Kieran,

I'll be going straight to Wetherspoons at 4pm with a male friend so you will not be the only male at this gathering. Please don't pass up this opportunity to meet new and likeminded people if you are free and able to come along. It would be great to meet you :yesyes:

t0rt01se36
29-09-12, 09:53
Hello.

Just a quick message. If you have my number, I might ring you if I get anxious or panicky, while travelling to Leeds.

Can't believe it is only a week away !!

Julie

BobbyDog
29-09-12, 14:38
Hello.

Just a quick message. If you have my number, I might ring you if I get anxious or panicky, while travelling to Leeds.

Can't believe it is only a week away !!

Julie

Phone me anytime you like Julie.:yesyes:

Tyke
30-09-12, 04:21
Hi Kieran

I was thinking of going too (if I can make it), but had similar thoughts about being the only bloke there and all that. Maybe if all us interested blokes resolved to go anyway it might encourage a few more of us to join in?

There seems to be so much interest in having a group established in an easily accessible city such as Leeds that it would be a shame not to get the ball rolling on this one and it would be great to have a wide range of people there so that everyone feels comfortable.

Thinking of changing your mind?

Tyke :unsure:

Serenitie
30-09-12, 05:48
Hi Kieran

I was thinking of going too (if I can make it), but had similar thoughts about being the only bloke there and all that. Maybe if all us interested blokes resolved to go anyway it might encourage a few more of us to join in?

There seems to be so much interest in having a group established in an easily accessible city such as Leeds that it would be a shame not to get the ball rolling on this one and it would be great to have a wide range of people there so that everyone feels comfortable.

Hi Tyke,

You'd both be more than welcome to come along. I totally agree that the wider the range of people the better. There will be at least one other man in attendance. Another was hoping to come. Unfortunately he can't make this meet up, but will be attending in the future.

From what I know of the group already we have a wide range of backgrounds and interests including design, yoga, photography, theatre, films, documentary making, writing and travel :)

I think that the shopping trip developed naturally from conversation amongst the group as a side interest, but was not meant to put men off coming. All are welcome:yesyes:

t0rt01se36
30-09-12, 10:37
I am feeling really anxious about this meet up:unsure:

BobbyDog
30-09-12, 10:39
Hi Kieran

I completely agree with Serenetie, I would also like more men to attend the meet up, I have a male friend who I am hoping will be attending, so please do come along and join us.:yesyes:

Hellybelly
30-09-12, 11:37
hi there
id love to come but im in hertfordshire and suffer agro and panics and couldnt travel tht far . really wish i could be nice to meet others x x
:)

t0rt01se36
30-09-12, 13:15
hi there
id love to come but im in hertfordshire and suffer agro and panics and couldnt travel tht far . really wish i could be nice to meet others x x

How do you intend travelling, if you did travel? What about splitting up the journey?

Try not to think about the meet up. Get up on the Saturday and see how you feel. There's people who are nmp members who you could ring, if you panic en route.

The outcome is better than the anxious thoughts and focus on that.

Agaraphobia is awful, but with help and baby steps, you'll be ok.

If there is anything I can do to help you, let me know.

Sending you positive thoughts.

Julie

BobbyDog
30-09-12, 13:52
hi there

Why don't you start a meet up in your area Hellybelly, you could probably get someone you know to accompany you in case you feel panicky.:D

Serenitie
30-09-12, 22:31
I am feeling really anxious about this meet up:unsure:

We'll all be feeling anxious to some degree Julie, try to keep that in mind, it might help to know that you're not the only one feeling this way:) I usually feel anxious the night before and on the day of an event. Then when I get there I'm usually fine. It is your body's way of anticipating and preparing you for a new experience. The adrenalin and nervous excitement gives you the push you need to take action / get there. The more we do this the less anxious we'll feel :yesyes:

Hellybelly
01-10-12, 10:24
thanks all how do i go about asking anyone if they want to meet up in my area is there some where i can post about the meet up
thank u x

oh no_1
01-10-12, 10:29
im feeling a mess bout sat and it not for good several days.... i started the panic on sat when i thought bout the meet been a week away on that day.

i still havent sorted meeting anyone, wot the plans r etc

t0rt01se36
01-10-12, 10:59
im feeling a mess bout sat and it not for good several days.... i started the panic on sat when i thought bout the meet been a week away on that day.

i still havent sorted meeting anyone, wot the plans r etc

oh no 1, I was the same! I felt panicky, when I realised it was a week away. Just keep thinking, you don't have to meet up for long and there'll be people with you, who understand.

It will be better to go, than not go and regret it.

:yesyes:If you do go.

Julie

BobbyDog
01-10-12, 15:01
oh no 1, I was the same! I felt panicky, when I realised it was a week away. Just keep thinking, you don't have to meet up for long and there'll be people with you, who understand.

It will be better to go, than not go and regret it.

:yesyes:If you do go.

Julie
Completely agree with Julie, I am anxious about it, but I need to to be positive, this is the first step towards my recovery.:D

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

Anyone who is definitely intending to come to the Leeds meet this Saturday, Wetherspoon's, Leeds train station:

Please confirm by Friday the 5th October.

Also state whether you are meeting at M & S at 2.00pm, or Wetherspoon's at 4.00pm.

I am nervous and excited too.:unsure::)

Sarah.

t0rt01se36
01-10-12, 15:23
I will wait until Saturday, to see how I feel.

Might be 4pm, when I meet up.

Serenitie
01-10-12, 19:45
I'll be going straight to Wetherspoons on Saturday :D I feel much more comfortable meeting up for the first time with new people in this setting. I avoid shopping on a Saturday as the crowds would be too much for me to cope with in addition to meeting several new people at once :scared15:

In a pub or cafe setting it is much easier to take time out by popping outside for a cigarette or a breather without disrupting the group.

I'll get to Wetherspoons a little earlier for those whose trains get in early and decide to go straight there. I know what a few people look like. If you are planning to come straight to Wetherspoons and I don't know what you look like could you please send me a picture so I can identify you and don't end up as the pied piper of Wetherspoons :roflmao: See you all there! :yesyes:

Laura1989
01-10-12, 20:09
ive decided im going to meet at wetherspoons at 4pm ish...i have some specific things i need in Leeds and dont wanna be a pain to other people by spending ages in shops that no one else wants! lol
Really looking forward to it....serenitie, i'll text you a picture if ya like then you know roughly what i look like??

Serenitie
01-10-12, 20:43
ive decided im going to meet at wetherspoons at 4pm ish...i have some specific things i need in Leeds and dont wanna be a pain to other people by spending ages in shops that no one else wants! lol
Really looking forward to it....serenitie, i'll text you a picture if ya like then you know roughly what i look like??

Hi Laura!

Lovely to hear from you :D I'll PM you my mobile number. Looking forward to meeting you :yesyes:

See you on Saturday :bighug1:

Laura1989
01-10-12, 22:08
cant wait!! :-)

speckles69uk
02-10-12, 21:08
Hi,

Just to confirm that I'll be meeting at Wetherspoons at 16:00, might be a little earlier. I can PM my number if anybody wants to exchange a text or ring to say where they are sitting, so I don't approach some random strangers. lol.

A little nervous, but very excited to meet like minded people. :)

Kindest regards

Rebecca

Serenitie
03-10-12, 06:08
Hi,

Just to confirm that I'll be meeting at Wetherspoons at 16:00, might be a little earlier. I can PM my number if anybody wants to exchange a text or ring to say where they are sitting, so I don't approach some random strangers. lol.

Kindest regards

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca!

I'm really looking forward to Saturday! :D It will be lovely to meet you. I'll PM my mobile number to you. Take care and see you on Saturday :yesyes:

Cat :flowers:

BobbyDog
03-10-12, 07:18
Hi,

Kindest regards

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, I have sent you a PM with my mobile number, looking forward to meeting you.

Sarah.

---------- Post added at 07:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 ----------

The meet at M & S has been cancelled, most people now wish to go straight to Wetherspoon's at 4.00pm.

Sarah.

recycled hippy
03-10-12, 15:55
Hi

Just confirming I will be there, at about 3 30pm., sitting outside smoking a fag and probabley shaking with nerves. Come on lads lets show the girls we can make an effort too.
Looking forward to meeting you all (hope Im not too old and grumpy)

Peter

Serenitie
03-10-12, 21:53
Hi

Just confirming I will be there, at about 3 30pm., sitting outside smoking a fag and probabley shaking with nerves. Come on lads lets show the girls we can make an effort too.

Peter

Hi Peter,

You will be in the company of another male - I will be attending with a male friend :) We will all be nervous - you won't be alone in your anxiety. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with everyone and my excitement is greater than my anxiety. It will be really positive for us all to get together. The first of many, I hope! :yesyes:

BobbyDog
03-10-12, 22:00
Hi

Peter

Hey Peter,

So pleased you decided to join us, I will also be sat outside about 3.30pm smoking a fag.
Looking forward to meeting you.:D

Yes, come on boy's.

t0rt01se36
03-10-12, 23:54
I would like to make a big apology for any inconvenience caused, because I am no longer able to make it to Leeds, this Saturday. Sorry!

Was lookin forward to it too. Shame I can't go and make new friends.:weep:

Serenitie
04-10-12, 00:38
I would like to make a big apology for any inconvenience caused, because I am no longer able to make it to Leeds, this Saturday. Sorry!

Was lookin forward to it too. Shame I can't go and make new friends.:weep:

Hi Ju!

I have just responded to your PM. I think that anxiety is getting the better of you as the meet draws nearer. This is completely natural and we are all feeling jittery. You are not alone in this :hugs:

I think that this meeting will be so positive for all of us and worth the anxiety we experience in the lead up to it. I understand how intense anxiety can feel. Keep reminding yourself that you are meeting friends who understand your anxiety and accept you for who you are. There really is no pressure, but please reconsider and leave your mind open to coming along and see how you feel on Saturday? You will be amongst friends you have already made :yesyes:

Cat xxx

t0rt01se36
04-10-12, 07:59
I have asked for a train refund, but might try to get a bus instead, arriving about 3pm, in Leeds.

Thank you so much, for your kind pm's.

Ju

Serenitie
04-10-12, 09:26
I have asked for a train refund, but might try to get a bus instead, arriving about 3pm, in Leeds.

Ju

Good for you Ju! :yesyes: Lovely speaking to you. Take care :bighug1:

BobbyDog
04-10-12, 16:20

Ju

If you want me to meet you off the bus/train just let me know.:D

Tyke
04-10-12, 18:13
Hi

Peter

Good for you Peter. I am inspired to make it now. I'm not exactly young either! And thank you to everyone else on the forum, girls and boys, who have made the event welcoming for us all!

Tyke

Kieran
04-10-12, 18:33
I may well come. I don't really have any plans for the weekend. Will there be anyone around my age (23) going?

Is there a plan beyond meeting at Spoons? Will anyone else be drinking?

Kieran

speckles69uk
04-10-12, 18:37
Hi Kieran,

I'm 27, I'll probably be having a drink. I don't think there's a plan after Spoons, it'll probably be a go with the flow kind of thing, so it fits with how people are feeling. I look forward to meeting you.

Rebecca

Kieran
04-10-12, 18:40
I might pop down then.

BobbyDog
04-10-12, 18:45
Good for you Peter. I am inspired to make it now. I'm not exactly young either! And thank you to everyone else on the forum, girls and boys, who have made the event welcoming for us all!

Tyke

Awww, What a wonderful compliment to all involved!
Thank you very much Tyke.
By the way, I'm no spring chicken either.:blush:

Serenitie
04-10-12, 20:58
Welcome to the newest additions to the group!:yesyes:

I'm just in the process of packing (I'm going to Leeds tomorrow and staying overnight). I have such a good feeling about this meeting. I'm really excited about it and look forward to meeting everyone!

See you on Saturday everyone!:D

t0rt01se36
04-10-12, 22:37
Is anyone wearing or taking anything promoting No More Panic? I'll take my N M P Ted I think. Then I won't feel lonely on the train.

Ted is well trained and enjoys blowing bubbles in his drink of juice.:D
He will be wearing his navy hoodie, so you'll recognise him and his owner will be wearing her pink Cap.

Laura1989
04-10-12, 23:02
Keiran....im also 23! wont be drinking (or may let myself have one....but im on citalopram so cant go mad!). Will be around for a bit, going out for a meal with family though back at home so will be heading off at some point to catch the train so im back in time :-)

Serenitie
04-10-12, 23:51
I'll be having one drink :winks: I'll be wearing a black jacket, dress a gold collar necklace (all packed up and ready to go!) and a smile :)

recycled hippy
05-10-12, 07:47
Hi
Good for you Tyke and Kieran.
I will try and get a table outside as I think it may be a sunny day. To recognise me just look for a " Santa " look alike (my grandsons description of me)

Peter

BobbyDog
05-10-12, 09:02
Hi
Good for you Tyke and Kieran.
I will try and get a table outside as I think it may be a sunny day. To recognise me just look for a " Santa " look alike (my grandsons description of me)

Peter

I hope you come bearing gifts Peter.:D
The table outside sound's perfect.

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

Is anyone wearing or taking anything promoting No More Panic? I'll take my N M P Ted I think. Then I won't feel lonely on the train.

Ted is well trained and enjoys blowing bubbles in his drink of juice.:D
He will be wearing his navy hoodie, so you'll recognise him and his owner will be wearing her pink Cap.

I have your photo Julie, so I know what you look like. Anyone who would like to see a picture of me for recognition, there is one on my profile here at NMP.

Very excited about meeting everyone.:yesyes:

Tish
05-10-12, 14:33
I just want to say.. I hope you all have a fab meet up. I think you're all very brave.
I wish I could join you but I'm over on the east coast till the end of the month.
Maybe next time.. x

Serenitie
05-10-12, 15:00
I just want to say.. I hope you all have a fab meet up. I think you're all very brave.
I wish I could join you but I'm over on the east coast till the end of the month.
Maybe next time.. x

What a lovely message, Tish! You're more than welcome to join us next time :yesyes: x

I'm leaving for Leeds in the next hour or so...:yahoo: Safe journey everyone & see you all tomorrow!:D

t0rt01se36
05-10-12, 17:04
Sending positive thoughts to all who are going and are considering going to the Leeds meet up.

How did the Bradford meet up go?

speckles69uk
05-10-12, 17:41
Hey everyone,

Well it's getting nearer, I'm actually feeling very positive about it. This is something I really need to do, and will help so much. My excitement is overpowering the anxiety which is fantastic, and I hope it stays that way because it's not winning! How is everyone doing? Have a safe and pleasant journey to all who are travelling. I can't wait to meet you all.

Rebecca

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

Sending positive thoughts to all who are going and are considering going to the Leeds meet up.

How did the Bradford meet up go?

Hi Ju, That's nice of you. Sending positive thoughts to you too.:) Are you still coming along with Ted?

I didn't go to the Bradford meet up, when was that?

Rebecca

BobbyDog
05-10-12, 17:57
I will have to keep myself busy in the morning, I am both excited and nervous at the same time, but I realise this is a very positive step forward for all involved and something I personally must do.

I wish everyone a safe and pleasant journey to Leeds.:D

oh no_1
05-10-12, 18:57
you know i really really want to go but not sure i can do it this time, will there be another soon?
i am trying, really trying my best... and done alot of posotive things while im on a massive high but not ready for tomorrow.

what plans and times etc? i didnt manage to sort out defo meeting someone etc etc and just so nervous but i do want to

speckles69uk
05-10-12, 23:08
you know i really really want to go but not sure i can do it this time, will there be another soon?
i am trying, really trying my best... and done alot of posotive things while im on a massive high but not ready for tomorrow.

what plans and times etc? i didnt manage to sort out defo meeting someone etc etc and just so nervous but i do want to

Hopefully you are able to make it. :) If you do come along, would you be getting the train or the bus? I'm sure one of us would be able to meet you off the train or at the bus stop. You could always break the journey up if you think you'll struggle with the travelling. The meeting time is 4pm at Leeds Train Station, Wetherspoons, the shopping trip has been cancelled. I know some people are arriving a little earlier than 4pm, I'll be there just before 4.

Kindest regards

Rebecca

I hope you are able to come, it will be really helpful for us all.

t0rt01se36
06-10-12, 00:52
Lost my confidence and motivation, slightly, but am not giving up hope on going.

I must not forget Ted !

Laura1989
06-10-12, 08:01
Having a really bad morning so far, nothing to do with the meet up, in fact I'm.really excited about it, but just a pre warning in case I appear a bit off with people or anything. Got lots of insecurities about people around me at the moment and struggling to keep a lid on it!

Looking forwarding to meeting people this aft who understand! :-)

t0rt01se36
06-10-12, 08:57
Having a really bad morning so far, nothing to do with the meet up, in fact I'm.really excited about it, but just a pre warning in case I appear a bit off with people or anything. Got lots of insecurities about people around me at the moment and struggling to keep a lid on it!

Sending positive thoughts, Laura's way. Hope things turn out ok soon. I look forward to meeting you

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

:yesyes:Thumbs up to everyone who is going to the Meet Up.

I am feeling ok at the mo. :D

Got lots to do today, so am hoping I still get chance to go to Leeds.

4pm seems a long time away:ohmy: but I know the hours will go quick.

I will get things done as quick as poss. I need to meet up with my Sister this weekend and deliver some invites. If not, I will deliver alone, before I set off to Leeds.

:yahoo:Can't wait until I arrive in Leeds, if I still feel up to going!!

BobbyDog
06-10-12, 09:20

Don't worry about it Laura, I imagine that most of us are feeling the same way at the moment. Sometimes when I am anxious my Mum think's I am in a bad mood or being rude, because of the way I come accross, but I am just trying to deal with my anxiety without loosing it altogether.
I understand.:D

---------- Post added at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

Sending positive thoughts, Laura's way. Hope things turn out ok soon. I look forward to meeting you

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 ----------

:yesyes:Thumbs up to everyone who is going to the Meet Up.

I am feeling ok at the mo. :D

Got lots to do today, so am hoping I still get chance to go to Leeds.

4pm seems a long time away:ohmy: but I know the hours will go quick.

I will get things done as quick as poss. I need to meet up with my Sister this weekend and deliver some invites. If not, I will deliver alone, before I set off to Leeds.

:yahoo:Can't wait until I arrive in Leeds, if I still feel up to going!!

Julie, you can always do tomorrow what you don't have time to do today!
I hope you get to Leeds this afternoon, I am looking forward to meeting you and making friend's.:D

Laura1989
06-10-12, 15:33
Just arrived at wetherspoons....it's really busy inside so not sure how I'm going to find people lol!

recycled hippy
06-10-12, 20:49
Hi all

Just got back from our first meet. What a great and lovely bunch of people. Made me feel very welcome, had a great laugh and felt sad when we had to part. Must do it again soon.

A big thank you to BobbyDog for spending so much time and care organising it.

Peter

BobbyDog
06-10-12, 22:26
Hi all

Just got back from our first meet. What a great and lovely bunch of people. Made me feel very welcome, had a great laugh and felt sad when we had to part. Must do it again soon.

A big thank you to BobbyDog for spending so much time and care organising it.

Peter

Thanks Peter for your kind words, they are much appreciated.

I agree with you wholeheartedly and could not have put it better myself, so in your words "what a great and lovely bunch of people".

Roll on our next meet, November I think we said, though can't remember the date.

speckles69uk
06-10-12, 22:54
Hey everyone,

Just on the bus on the way back from our meeting. I couldn't agree more, what a lovely bunch of people. I had a great time and can't wait for our next meet. Well done to everyone, we should all be proud of ourselves for making this huge important step. Hopefully we'll meet some more new faces at our nezt meet.

Take care everyone.

Rebecca

Laura1989
06-10-12, 23:42
Wow, the meet this afternoon was brilliant! Was very sad to leave you all, but left feeling very positive and with a huge smile on my face! Hopefully there will be another one soon!!
Was great to put some faces to names and was really pleased by how well we all got on! We needed no prompting to get chatting and at the end it felt like we had known each other for ages! :-)

Well done everyone for making the steps they took to get there, i know it was very hard for most of us, we should all be proud of ourselves!!! :-D
love love! x

Serenitie
07-10-12, 01:04
Hi Friends! :D

I am just home and overjoyed by such a lovely day and evening spent with such warm and beautiful new friends. I loved being in the the company of each and every one of you as did Antonio (who is now joining NMP :D)

I had such a good feeling about this meeting, but my expectations were surpassed! I am making Leeds my second home and plan to visit often. I will keep all posted on my visits and would love to spend time in your company again very soon.

We all did so well to meet up! :yahoo: I am so proud of this achievement and enriched by the new connections I've made.

Count me in for the November get together :yesyes:

Enjoy the remainder of your weekend one and all :bighug1:

Cat & Antonio xxx

Tyke
07-10-12, 04:55
Hi Friends

Couldn't agree more on all the comments about todays meeting. Still find it hard to believe it really happened and you are no longer anonymous names on the internet but REAL PEOPLE!

It was great how well everyone got on. The website here gives us so much in common. I never felt like a stranger, just felt like I was meeting old friends I'd not seen for a while and catching up with them! See you all next month!

Well done and a big thank you to everyone involved.

Tyke :yesyes:

BobbyDog
07-10-12, 08:29
Hello to one and all.

How fantastic that we all came away from the meeting with the same feeling, like we had been with old friend's that we had not seen for some time. The conversation flowed all afternoon and we all had happy smiley face's.

Getting to the venue was a very big hurdle to jump for most people, in my case it was staying there that was the long jump, but we all managed to "feel the fear and do it anyway".

What about Saturday the 3rd November 2012? Perhaps a little earlier that yesterday's meeting, 2.00pm Wetherspoons.

For me personally 4.00pm was too late in the day, the anticipation got the better of me and I had the jitters all afternoon.

Take care friends.

oh no_1
07-10-12, 09:20
i am up for that meet, im sorry i didnt go yesterday, been on such a high for few weeks now which is good and im feeling good which is good but that was just too much but i have told myself il defo go to the next meet. i have a halloween party that evening so if we meet earlier that woul be good then i got enough time to get back and get ready for halloween party???

Laura1989
07-10-12, 09:52
3rd November sounds perfect! i like the idea of meeting earlier so we get longer together to catch up! :-)

:-D :-D

recycled hippy
07-10-12, 11:37
After the great success at the Leeds meet may I suggest for the next meet to be on the outskirts of Bradford at a country pub:
The George and Dragon, Apperley Road, Apperley Bridge, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD10 0PU at 12 Noon . On Sunday 11th November. (So not to clash with halloeen or bonfire night.)
The pub has a good restaurant, large car park, next to the river, Leeds and Liverpool canal and is usually fairly quiet. Time went so quickly in Leeds so let’s make a long afternoon of this one

t0rt01se36
07-10-12, 13:47
I got my priorities all wrong, for the Leeds meet up and ended up party planning, when I should've been going to Leeds. The party planning needed to be done, though, but maybe not up until the afternoon of the meet up. I did let one or two members know, that I wasn't able to make it, to Leeds.
I had intended going all along and hate myself so much because I missed out on something beneficial.:mad::weep:

Serenitie
08-10-12, 00:53
Hi All!

3rd November is good for me at Wetherspoons, as are most dates in November. Can we confirm a date and time that is good for everyone please so that I can get my train tickets and hotel booked at good prices :D I'll be making a weekend of it again :winks:

Pete, I think that Apperley Bridge sounds like a lovely venue maybe we could consider this in the future? Speaking personally, I would really struggle to travel there right now.

Me & Antonio are really looking forward to this next get together and seeing you all again :yahoo:

Huge hugs & warmest wishes to all.

Cat :bighug1: xxx

recycled hippy
08-10-12, 01:20
HI cat and Antonio
It was nice meeting you both. Apperley Bridge is where the marina is situated and I think for those who don’t like the pub atmosphere there could be a choice. I think a change from Wetherspoons may attract more people , I found it to be too crowded and overpowering.
Best Regards
Peter

Serenitie
08-10-12, 04:24
Hi Peter,

It was lovely to meet you too :D As you know, I love marinas! :yesyes: The only quandry for me personally is getting to Apperley Bridge (as I can only travel any distance by train currently). I know that a few people mentioned that the ease of access of Wetherspoons was a big factor in them getting there.

I know that a few people in the group work. We could look at a mid week or Sunday meet if this would accommodate other people's work schedules and travel arrangements? Wetherspoons would be less busy on a Sunday or mid week and as we are planning to meet earlier maybe it will also be quieter and less overwhelming for you?

I'm happy to hear from the group and go with a majority decision on what works best for the group as a whole. I feel confident that we can arrange another meeting that considers the different needs of all group members :yesyes:

I can't wait to see everyone again! :D

Tish
08-10-12, 09:44
Apperley Bridge is lovely, I used to sail up there when we had a narrowboat.
I understand what Peter is saying, the thought of being in a crowded city can be overwhelming. I wonder if anyone is into walking? I realise the weather could be a problem with that one though.
Cold is ok 'cause you can wrap up but getting soaked if it's raining is a different matter.
I love being outdoors myself.

Serenitie
08-10-12, 10:57
Just wondering if a Sunday meeting fitted in with people's travel arrangements and work schedules? If not, no worries. Just trying to keep hotel cost to a minimum :winks:

Tyke
08-10-12, 11:02
It's a difficult one this. I did find Wetherspoons crowded and can understand why some people would prefer another option, but I personally was okay once I knew who you all were. Wetherspoons earlier on Saturday 3rd November would be best for me. I would probably not be there for 2pm as I work in the mornings, but would be able to arrive soon after. That time would be good for me though as I have family commitments and so don't like to be too late back, so bringing the event forward would be very helpful. Sunday is also difficult too as I'm very busy with the family. As Saturday is a work day for me, tagging a social on the end of it is fine, as the family feel I'm only partly there anyway! Also, like Serenitie, I am coming in by rail, so it is really easy to get to Leeds station.

I do think Apperley Bridge sounds lovely though and wondered if it would be possible to have two meets and let people go to either or both, whatever they feel comfortable with. Peoples anxieties vary, so if we can broaden the appeal we may well bring others into the group who would otherwise miss out. As long as enough turn up it would be a success and if some go to both it can't really fail.

Whatever is decided though, I'll do my best to get there whenever or wherever that may be.........:ohmy::D:unsure::ohmy:

Tyke

Laura1989
08-10-12, 11:42
Either day that weekend is fine by me as I work during the week. Appleby bridge is lovely but it's travelling for me that's the problem, but I do like the idea of having 2 meets that people can have the option of going to.
We don't have to do wetherspoons particularly, I'm sure theres maybe somewhere else quieter for people. Think we were unlucky because there was a football match on in Leeds and city was heaving....I personally have never seen it that busy before, and I go quite a lot!

Laura xx

recycled hippy
08-10-12, 11:51
Apperley Bridge is lovely, I used to sail up there when we had a narrowboat.
I understand what Peter is saying, the thought of being in a crowded city can be overwhelming. I wonder if anyone is into walking? I realise the weather could be a problem with that one though.
Cold is ok 'cause you can wrap up but getting soaked if it's raining is a different matter.
I love being outdoors myself.

Hi Tish
I’m into gentle walks especially along the canal which are nice and flat. I have a mooring on the Leeds and Liverpool canal and love boating and caravaning. I think you, Tyke,myself are all from the same area maybe we, plus other local members, could meet up in Harrogate one day for a coffee and chat?
I am sure we will be able to sort the November meet out some how if we all keep in touch.
Peter

BobbyDog
08-10-12, 13:35
If other people are keen to have two meet up's, then that is fine by me. I personally will not be able to get to Apperley Bridge at the moment, I need to know that I can get home quickly if needed. I have not been in a social situation for some time, Saturday gone was my first in nine year's.
I will be attending 3rd November 2012, 2.00pm at Wetherspoon's, Leeds train station.
At a later date hopefully I will be able to venture further out of my comfort zone.

Sarah.

Serenitie
10-10-12, 06:46
I'm all booked for 3rd November!!!!:D

I look forward to meeting up again! :yahoo:

BobbyDog
10-10-12, 10:26
Forthcoming Leeds meet-up 3rd November 2012; Wetherspoon's.

It is less than 4 week's away from our next meet-up at Wetherspoon's in Leeds. I know some people had prior engagement's and could not make it in October, we hope to see you all on the 3rd November 2012 at 2.00pm.

Anyone else who may be interested would be extremely welcome.

Tyke
12-10-12, 11:16
Hi Tish
I think you, Tyke,myself are all from the same area maybe we, plus other local members, could meet up in Harrogate one day for a coffee and chat?
Peter
Nice idea Peter. Maybe we could sort something out after the next meet? Is there anywhere in particular in Harrogate you were thinking of as a venue?
Tyke

Serenitie
13-10-12, 15:18
Bumping to give new members and members not aware of this get together a chance to see this thread :D

oh no_1
13-10-12, 15:27
im hoping to come to this one if someone meets me before we go to train station

jimcassbell
13-10-12, 18:40
hi

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

retford

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Retford notts

Serenitie
13-10-12, 20:21
hi

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

retford

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

Retford notts

Would you like to come along, Jim?

Laura1989
13-10-12, 21:30
woo hoo!! cant wait for this one! will be able to stay longer this time! lol :-D

Serenitie
13-10-12, 21:48
woo hoo!! cant wait for this one! will be able to stay longer this time! lol :-D

Yay!!!! :D See you soon, Laura :bighug1:

BobbyDog
13-10-12, 22:06

Looking forward to seeing you again Laura.:D

Laura1989
13-10-12, 22:26
Looking forward to seeing you again Laura.:D

me to! :yesyes:

Really sorry i havent replied to your PM yet....things have been quite crazy since the meet! I got home fine and the meal was gorgeous! didnt have the green curry, had sea bass instead! then we went to an 80s bar for a bit but that was too much for me after about 20 minutes so i went home! Had had a looong day and was shattered! lol

Laura x x

recycled hippy
14-10-12, 23:04
Nice idea Peter. Maybe we could sort something out after the next meet? Is there anywhere in particular in Harrogate you were thinking of as a venue?
Tyke

How about Bean and Bud coffee bar, 14 Commercial Street, HarrogateHG1 1TY ?

Peter

BobbyDog
16-10-12, 08:12
Bringing this thread to the forefront again in the hope that we can get some NEW members to join us at our planned meet-up on the 3rd Novermber 2012; 2.00pm, Wetherspoons, Leeds train station.
We had a great time at the last meet-up, everyone got on so well, there was no pressure to stay for any length of time, people came and went as they pleased. So if you are looking at this thread and thinking of joining us, please do.:yesyes:

littlelu
16-10-12, 22:26
Hi everyone, i was supposed to come to the last meet but didnt make it :( i am determined to make it this time. Looking forward to meeting everyone
Vicky :)

speckles69uk
16-10-12, 23:27
Hi everyone, i was supposed to come to the last meet but didnt make it :( i am determined to make it this time. Looking forward to meeting everyone

Hi Vicky,

Looking forward to meeting you too.

Rebecca

x

BobbyDog
19-10-12, 19:11
Really looking forward to meeting you Vicky.

Lets hope the weather is on our side as well, at the last meet it was a beautiful sunny day and we sat outside all afternoon.

Sarah.

Serenitie
21-10-12, 15:38

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Vicky:D Less than 2 weeks to go now :D I'm excited about meeting up with everyone again :yesyes:

BobbyDog
25-10-12, 20:55
Bringing this thread to the forefront again in the hope that we can get some NEW members to join us at our planned meet-up on the 3rd Novermber 2012; 2.00pm, Wetherspoons, Leeds train station.
We had a great time at the last meet-up, everyone got on so well, there was no pressure to stay for any length of time, people came and went as they pleased. So if you are looking at this thread and thinking of joining us, please do.

Serenitie
26-10-12, 02:25
I'm really looking forward to meeting up again with such a great bunch of people and welcoming all newcomers to the group :yesyes:

See you all soon :D

speckles69uk
26-10-12, 10:49
Hey everyone,

I can't wait for our meet up, only a week to go! Really looking forward to meeting everyone again. For anyone that's reading this thread and thinking of coming, please do. We're a lovely bunch of people and there's no pressure at all. At the last meet we had a mix of both sexes and age ranges, incase anyone is wondering. Eveyone is made welcome and you can stay for as little or as long as you like, whatever makes you feel comfortable. Hopefully we will meet some new faces.

Take care and see you all soon :)

Rebecca

xxx

BobbyDog
29-10-12, 06:28
Hey everyone,

I can't wait for our meet up, only a week to go! Really looking forward to meeting everyone again. For anyone that's reading this thread and thinking of coming, please do. We're a lovely bunch of people and there's no pressure at all. At the last meet we had a mix of both sexes and age ranges, incase anyone is wondering. Eveyone is made welcome and you can stay for as little or as long as you like, whatever makes you feel comfortable. Hopefully we will meet some new faces.

Take care and see you all soon :)

Rebecca

xxx

I totally agree with everything you have said Rebecca, it would be fantastic if we saw some new faces at our meet-up next Saturday, 3rd November, Wetherspoons, Leeds train station. Surely there are more people at NMP who live in the Yorkshire area that would love the company of like minded people.

See you all in a few days.:yesyes:

Sarah.xxx

oh no_1
29-10-12, 09:56
um im hoping to come saturday.
not well at all at the mo and it getting me down but still hoping to come...
hoping to meet laura first so it just one person and then walk down to meet everyone else.

BobbyDog
29-10-12, 10:45
um im hoping to come saturday.
not well at all at the mo and it getting me down but still hoping to come...
hoping to meet laura first so it just one person and then walk down to meet everyone else.

Looking forward to meeting you at last.:D:yesyes:

oh no_1
29-10-12, 14:05
yeh will be good to meet u and some of others i been speaking to on here for ages, laura, serenitie..... etc.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

so who is going? sorry for all questions?
last time did u stay in wetherspoons n just have a drink n a chat? on that many different antibitoics and tablets etc for abscesses il have to have dilute orange or something but thats fine.

um um how did u start off talking, im more nervous bout that etc i think...
.... wot did u all wear? il prob look a mess, panicking but i will do it and i will be there...
sorted out bus times... first bus at 11 14am

littlelu
29-10-12, 14:54
im nervous too, quite shy and im worried about approaching people incase i get the wrong people! if anyone sees a small female looking lost please come get me! im looking forward to meeting everyone though :D xx

BobbyDog
30-10-12, 20:20
yeh will be good to meet u and some of others i been speaking to on here for ages, laura, serenitie..... etc.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 ----------

so who is going? sorry for all questions?
last time did u stay in wetherspoons n just have a drink n a chat? on that many different antibitoics and tablets etc for abscesses il have to have dilute orange or something but thats fine.

um um how did u start off talking, im more nervous bout that etc i think...
.... wot did u all wear? il prob look a mess, panicking but i will do it and i will be there...
sorted out bus times... first bus at 11 14am

I will be wearing what I feel comfortable in as I think will everyone else. You will be fine.xxx

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

im nervous too, quite shy and im worried about approaching people incase i get the wrong people! if anyone sees a small female looking lost please come get me! im looking forward to meeting everyone though :D xx

You have my mobile number, just call me when you get there and I will find you. My photo is on my profile page.

Sarah.xxx:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Peter has suggested that everyone who went to the last meet wear something red, the only red item of clothing I have is an old jumper I wear when walking the dogs in winter, it would not do very much for my confidence.:D I will be wearing a dark brown sheepskin and long tan boots - I feel the cold. As far as I am aware there is only littlelu coming who was not at the last meet-up(unless more people decide to join us before Saturday), she has my mobile number and I have asked her to call me when she gets there. If anyone else has an idea about how we can be identified by new members please let us know.:yesyes:

Sarah.

BobbyDog
31-10-12, 08:21
You people out there viewing this thread, if you can get to Leeds this Saturday 3rd November, we would love to have you come and join us at Wetherspoons on Leeds train station. The more the merrier.:)This is a big step forward for all of us, we all have our mental health issues, but we are being positive and taking great steps towards our recovery.:yahoo:

Sarah.x

recycled hippy
31-10-12, 09:33
Well said Sarah. I will be outside at same table with red coat. "Santa" had to have his wiskas trimmed so I hope you still recognise him.
I am feeling very anxious but knowing we all got on so well this is helping me to ovecome the problem. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Peter

BobbyDog
31-10-12, 10:11
Well said Sarah. I will be outside at same table with red coat. "Santa" had to have his wiskas trimmed so I hope you still recognise him.
I am feeling very anxious but knowing we all got on so well this is helping me to ovecome the problem. Looking forward to seeing you all.

Peter

I'm with you Pete, I have panic attacks every day, but I have to take positive steps to move out of this big hole that I am in.:wacko:

littlelu
31-10-12, 12:44
Thanks Sarah i will give you a ring when i am there. I think its such a positive step for everyone and knowing the last meet was so successful is helping calm my nerves alittle :yesyes:
xx

t0rt01se36
31-10-12, 13:49
I am thinking of going to the meet up. I am not going to plan anything else, in the hope of going to Leeds. I will see how I feel on the day.

Been looking at the bus and train times and I might try to get a bus.

Which ever mode of transport I get, I won't be staying for more than an hour, in Leeds, so I can get back by darkness.

I haven't got Serenities or bobydogs numbers anymore.

Hope I can soon find you all.

BobbyDog
31-10-12, 14:16
I am thinking of going to the meet up. I am not going to plan anything else, in the hope of going to Leeds. I will see how I feel on the day.

Been looking at the bus and train times and I might try to get a bus.

Which ever mode of transport I get, I won't be staying for more than an hour, in Leeds, so I can get back by darkness.

I haven't got Serenities or bobydogs numbers anymore.

Hope I can soon find you all.

Hey Ju' will PM you my mobile number again, hope you can make it, would be great to meet you.:D

oh no_1
31-10-12, 20:09
um um gosh it only 2 days away
had butterflies all day thinking bout it, got so much questions whizzing round in my head :(

Serenitie
01-11-12, 00:28
Hey everyone! :D

Just a side note to share and alleviate anxieties we are all feeling.

Since the last meet up, I have separated from my partner this week and I'm feeling very sad, alone and on a rollercoaster of emotions from hour to hour.

I'm going against all of the anxiety that is telling me to play it safe and stay at home. I'm doing my very best to 'fly solo' on this occasion, which is not the easiest course to take as a woman who suffers from agoraphobia.

I so enjoyed our last meeting. It was like talking to old friends I had not seen in a while. I'm determined to meet my dear friends again. Plus, I bought a frock that needs a day out!!! :winks:

Much love to all. See you on Saturday :yesyes::flowers:

speckles69uk
01-11-12, 01:03
Hey Cat,

I'm so sorry to hear of your news. Well done for being so strong by still coming along. Can't wait to see your new dress.

Sending big hugs :bighug1:

See you soon

Take care

Rebecca

xxx

Serenitie
01-11-12, 01:23
Hey Cat,

I'm so sorry to hear of your news. Well done for being so strong by still coming along. Can't wait to see your new dress.

Sending big hugs :bighug1:

See you soon

Take care

Rebecca

xxx

Thank you, Rebecca.

Me and my dress are both looking forward to meeting up with you all again :winks:

See you soon!

Cat :hugs: xxx

Tyke
01-11-12, 04:01
Hi Cat

So sorry to hear of your break up. Hope you do manage to make it to the meeting. It will be a great achievement for you given the extra stress you will be under. So many of us seem to have had such a difficult time since the last meeting I think we will all be medal winners if we actually make it on Saturday!

Tyke :hugs:

Serenitie
01-11-12, 04:36
Hi Cat

So sorry to hear of your break up. Hope you do manage to make it to the meeting. It will be a great achievement for you given the extra stress you will be under. So many of us seem to have had such a difficult time since the last meeting I think we will all be medal winners if we actually make it on Saturday!

Tyke :hugs:

Hi Tyke,

Thank you for your kind words. I think that it is testament to how well we all got on and what a great bunch of people we are that we are keen to meet in good times and bad. Sometimes it's good friends and meetings like this to look forward to that gets us through the tough times.

I hope to see you on Saturday :)

Take care

Cat :hugs:

t0rt01se36
01-11-12, 10:07
Cat, I totally agree, with regards to something to look forwar to.
I have been on a downer and still am, but keep thinking , atleast I've still got Leeds to see as a goal to achieve.

Sorry about your break up.

I am hoping I will get there, without panicking too much.

Serenitie
01-11-12, 10:57
Cat, I totally agree, with regards to something to look forwar to.
I have been on a downer and still am, but keep thinking , atleast I've still got Leeds to see as a goal to achieve.

Sorry about your break up.

I am hoping I will get there, without panicking too much.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Ju. Everyone in the group is lovely and welcoming. You'll feel very comfortable once you arrive:yesyes:

Laura1989
01-11-12, 12:41
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday, and catching up with people!
Cat I'm so sorry to hear of your break up, there will be lots of support and hugs on Saturday, and hopefully we can take you mind off it for a while! :hugs:

Laura x x x

Tish
01-11-12, 20:27
I wish I could join you all but it's a challenge too far, travelling to leeds on a busy saturday. Maybe one day *sigh*

flower33
01-11-12, 21:50
HI
All I would have loved to have come this time to meet you all, but I am away. May be next time. Have fun. xx

pinkdove
02-11-12, 10:13
good luck to you all, i live in leeds and will make an effort to join you all in one of your forthcoming meetings, hope you all have a great time xxx

BobbyDog
02-11-12, 16:02
Really looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

To those who cannot be with us on Saturday, we hope you will be able to join us in the future.:yesyes:

The weather forecast for tomorrow in Leeds is SUNNY.:yahoo:

t0rt01se36
02-11-12, 17:41
I am going through a stressful time at the mo and I don't think I feel up to travelling.

Will there be Leeds meet up's next year? I hope so.

Hope you all have a good time tomorrow.

oh no_1
02-11-12, 18:21
oh my gosh 2morro nearly here eeekkkkkk..... nervous isnt even the word. panicking to hell

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Arrggghhhh in such a panic

oh no_1
03-11-12, 07:33
Omg today is the day
oh my gosh oh my gosh
aint slept.... Oh my gosh,,, bus in bout 4 hours oh my gosh oh my gosh

---------- Post added at 07:33 ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 ----------

hi cat hope u are okay.... we will all be there to support u.
crap things happen dont they, i had car crash, a and e, doctors etc....... it typical for these things to happen before meet, r they trying to test us or something?

Serenitie
03-11-12, 08:01
Good morning all!

I look forward to seeing everyone this afternoon. Me and my ex have resolved to be friends, be kind to each other and provide support to each other through a difficult time for both of us :yesyes:

Wishing everyone a safe journey:hugs:

oh no_1
03-11-12, 08:17
gosh three hours or so till i need to get on bus and still havent left my room :(

speckles69uk
03-11-12, 09:13
Good morning all!

I look forward to seeing everyone this afternoon. Me and my ex have resolved to be friends, be kind to each other and provide support to each other through a difficult time for both of us :yesyes:

Wishing everyone a safe journey:hugs:

Hey Cat,

That's great that you can still be friends. Like you said, you can support each other. :)

See you this afternoon.

Rebecca

xxx

Serenitie
03-11-12, 10:09
Hey Cat,

That's great that you can still be friends. Like you said, you can support each other. :)

See you this afternoon.

Rebecca

xxx

It is great. We still love each other very much and were the best of friends before our relationship started. Good friends are precious and to be treasured :D

Excited to see you all! Excitabubble!!!! :yahoo:

t0rt01se36
03-11-12, 10:49
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.html

There is a level crossing problem in the York area. Trains are affected on routes, to and from Leeds and Doncaster.

Serenitie
03-11-12, 10:57
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.html

There is a level crossing problem in the York area. Trains are affected on routes, to and from Leeds and Doncaster.

Thanks, Ju. I'll keep an eye on this.

AnxiousBaker
03-11-12, 20:14
Hi everybody, do you guys meet up on a regular basis? It would be nice to pop along, work permitting! Dont know how long i could stay though. Meeting people with the same issues would be a great help!

oh no_1
03-11-12, 22:27
wow im home from the meet
omg i went on a meet
omg
omg
omg
omg
sorry and apologies for some of things while i was there
sorry sorry
thanks to all those who helped me

---------- Post added at 22:27 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Thhhhhaaaaannnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssss sooooooo mmuuuccchhhh

Laura1989
03-11-12, 22:53
Hi everybody, do you guys meet up on a regular basis? It would be nice to pop along, work permitting! Dont know how long i could stay though. Meeting people with the same issues would be a great help!

weve only met twice, but we have already said our next meet will be the 1st december. (unsure of timings!!)

its looking like it will become a regular thing this meet, which is brilliant, and it will be FAB to have some new faces!:D:D

oh no_1
03-11-12, 22:55
oh gosh 1st dec, not long away is it.....
i need to think bout few things.... travelling, inside the pub, getting to the bar, where i sit inside the pub..... going to toilets n not over thinking when im in there.... and maybe not drinking alcohol i dont know

speckles69uk
03-11-12, 23:58
Hey everyone.

I had a great time today. Can't wait for our next meet.

Take care

Rebecca

xxx

---------- Post added at 23:58 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Hey anxiousbaker,

As Laura said, today was our 2nd meet and it went fantastic. It's great to actually meet real like minded people. We have another meeting arranged for the first Saturday in December and want it to be a regular thing. It would be great to see some new faces.

Rebecca

xxxy

oh no_1
04-11-12, 00:48
what time did u get home rebecca?

nomorepanic
04-11-12, 01:03
Did you all get me some pictures?

oh no_1
04-11-12, 01:06
um ask bout becci and pete hahahahaha
ask cat and bobbdog they got pics of it hahahaha

oh no_1
04-11-12, 09:15
yeh 1st dec... i defo going to try try try to go to next meet.

id be up for meeting even earlier..... like 12

Serenitie
04-11-12, 11:56
Good Morning Friends!

It was so lovely to see you all again yesterday and see a new face in our group :yesyes:

Anxiousbaker and any newcomers - you'd be more than welcome to join us. We're a great bunch of warm, friendly people. I can't believe we've only met twice. We've made such strong friendships and a brilliant support network.

I'm more than happy to meet earlier next time.

Huge hugs and lots of love to all

Cat :bighug1:

recycled hippy
04-11-12, 11:57
Hi all

A great thank you to BobbyDog for organising a great second meeting in Leeds. It is a long time since I enjoyed myself so much and laughed so much thank you all.Beats all the pills and doctors etc. to meet such a great and understading group of people.

If you are poorly please consider the next meeting on 1st Dec you will feel a lot better afterwards.

I would also like to thank Nicola for this forum which has helped so many people.

A song comes to mind "Oh What a Night" or should I say "evening"

Lots of love to you all

Peter

BobbyDog
04-11-12, 14:18
Hi all

A great thank you to BobbyDog for organising a great second meeting in Leeds. It is a long time since I enjoyed myself so much and laughed so much thank you all.Beats all the pills and doctors etc. to meet such a great and understading group of people.

If you are poorly please consider the next meeting on 1st Dec you will feel a lot better afterwards.

I would also like to thank Nicola for this forum which has helped so many people.

A song comes to mind "Oh What a Night" or should I say "evening"

Lots of love to you all

Peter

Awww Pete, such a big softy.

xxxx

oh no_1
04-11-12, 14:19
yeh it was so lovely to meet u all.... thanks cat.
yeh i would like to meet earlier next time, as took me/takes me a few hours to feel bit more relaxed.... depends what everyone else wants to do.

Serenitie
04-11-12, 15:05
I've booked my train tickets and hotel! Woooop! :D:yahoo:

I'm happy to met at 12noon if this works for everyone? I think it would be less crowded and we could spend plenty of time together and travel home at a reasonable time that avoids weekend drinkers?

Cat :bighug1:

oh no_1
04-11-12, 15:52
you booked ay train tickets and hotel? u stopping in leeds?
yeh i would love to meet at 12 and then i might be able to do my aim of walking to bus stop by myself.
yeh i think it wud be less crowded and if ppl wanted to sit inside from beginning i wouldnt mind doing that as id already be in there then?

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

next time the meet is, il have done the dance comp the weekend before! oh my gosh! if i go through with it, so i guess il have something to talk about.

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

there isnt a match on that sat is there?

BobbyDog
04-11-12, 15:58
12 noon on the 1st of December it is then boys and girls.

So pleased you are going to join us again oh no, looking forward to hearing about your dance competition, have some faith in yourself, YOU CAN DO IT!:yesyes:

oh no_1
04-11-12, 16:08
12 will be fab........this way not guna have much thinking time, get up straight away get ready and on first bus at 9 50am..... then by time i get off bus will be time to come straight and meet u all.
cat said shell meet me at train station as not quite ready to walk in by myself.

vicky said she should be able to come to that one too. :)

speckles69uk
04-11-12, 16:23
12:00 on the 1st December sounds good to me Sarah.

See you all there.

:D

oh no_1
04-11-12, 16:42
cant wait to see u all :) hoping il be on a good week like when i was super duper hyper happy :)

BobbyDog
04-11-12, 17:39
cant wait to see u all :) hoping il be on a good week like when i was super duper hyper happy :)

Just be yourself, you don't have to be super duper hyper happy.:yesyes:

oh no_1
04-11-12, 18:03
i go from massive lows to massive highs at the moment..... dnt know wot yest was, a bit of inbetween but low and excitement all mixed together to be over whelming

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

gosh it so dark outside, cnt believe this time yesterday was still sat in leeds for another two hours before getting on first bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh.

cnt wait to meet u all again, a month seems so long to be away from friends.

AnxiousBaker
04-11-12, 19:48
I would like to come to a meeting. If i can get December 1st off work i shall attempt to come! If not i will eventually get to one of the meets. Sounds like you all have a laugh. :D

oh no_1
04-11-12, 19:56
how old r u anxious baker? where from? male/female?
yeh it really is fab once calmed down and relaxed. :) :) :)

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

fri night and sat morn i was as nervous as hell and then for last hour of meet i was sat in a pub, it was busy to me, and having a drink and chatting :) wow

Laura1989
04-11-12, 20:20
Just so people know...i forced myself to have a look at the leeds website (musn't tell my fellow sunderland supporters, they'l kill me!) and the team are playing AWAY that day, so town wont be half as busy as it was at our first meet!!

oh no_1
04-11-12, 20:22
:) :) :) that makes me happy, not that i went on first meet, but yesterdays meet was busy enough for me haha
least i can laugh about it now.

AnxiousBaker
04-11-12, 20:38
Im 30, from Ripon and im male :)
A relaxed environment is good! haha

oh no_1
04-11-12, 20:44
im 26 female and was my first meet yesterday. yeh please come along.

speckles69uk
04-11-12, 20:51
I would like to come to a meeting. If i can get December 1st off work i shall attempt to come! If not i will eventually get to one of the meets. Sounds like you all have a laugh. :D

Hey AnxiousBaker,

It would be great for you to join us. We definitely have a laugh and all get on really well. It would be great if you could meet us in December. If you can't get the time off work, I'm sure we'll definitely be having another meet after.

Take o

Rebecca

Xxx

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Apologies, that was meant to say 'Take care'

AnxiousBaker
04-11-12, 20:52
Cheers people, i`ll be trying to get there for sure. Even if its only for an hour or so.:)

Tyke
05-11-12, 00:47
Congratulations to everyone involved on another successful meet. I think earlier is better as it is less attractive when it is busy cold and dark. The venue is good as it is easily accessible for most people. As Yorkshire gatherings in the past have struggled to get numbers together I think this is vitally important.

Tyke :)

Serenitie
07-11-12, 12:22
Train tickets have arrived! :yesyes:

BobbyDog
07-11-12, 12:44
Congratulations to everyone involved on another successful meet. I think earlier is better as it is less attractive when it is busy cold and dark. The venue is good as it is easily accessible for most people. As Yorkshire gatherings in the past have struggled to get numbers together I think this is vitally important.

Tyke :)

I completely agree with everything you have said.:yesyes:

Sarah.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

Train tickets have arrived! :yesyes:

Great news.:yesyes:

oh no_1
10-11-12, 20:36
fab news cat!

oh no_1
11-11-12, 19:12
cnt wait to see u all at next leeds meet now thats two meets under my belt after bradford meet today. cant say same for way home but drove there in one go..... AND no panic attacks AND i didnt cry AND talked quite a bit, well i think so.

WWWOOOPPPPP

recycled hippy
19-11-12, 13:55
Bringing this thread to the forefront again in the hope that we can get some NEW members to join us at our planned meet-up on the 1st December 2012; 12.00 Noon, Wetherspoons, Leeds train station.
We had a great time at the last 2 meet-ups, everyone got on so well, there was no pressure to stay for any length of time, people came and went as they pleased. So if you are looking at this thread and thinking of joining us, please do.:yesyes:

Peter

t0rt01se36
19-11-12, 19:55
Sounds like the next meet up will be a right good pre Christmas get together. Hope you all have a good time and make new friends, if new members join you.:yesyes:

Laura1989
19-11-12, 21:59
Once again....I can't wait! And meeting at 12 is so much better, means we get all afternoon and evening together to catch up and have good giggle :) :)

oh no_1
19-11-12, 22:04
i'm hoping to look forward to it,
as got u all a xmas card..... and got cats bday card and prezzie.

but.....
going to have to see how this week and next go :( as so rubbish. i will try though to be there.

Laura1989
19-11-12, 22:09
Cat!! You never told me its your birthday soon!! Lol
I'm spending this weekend making everyone's cards...can't wait, hoping to personalise them all in some way :)

oh no_1
19-11-12, 22:17
i got so so so much to do :(
this weekend is nothing but comp which means getting behind with everything else :(

Serenitie
22-11-12, 11:27
Hello Friends!

I'm coming to the end of my CBT soon. I feel certain that maintaining some form of reinforcement of positive cognitive behaviour patterns and relaxation is essential to maintaining the progress I've made to date. Not to mention promoting general physical and mental well being and nurturing our bodies which have suffered the effects of anxiety and depression which include fatigue, muscle tension and overbreathing. I was thinking that others may also find this helpful?

As many of you know, I am a qualified yoga instructor and trainer and would like to pursue this work again.

I would like to suggest that we could hold a yoga and relaxation session on the days of our meet ups for those interested. I could design a yoga programme specific to the issues that we are all working with comprising yoga postures, breathing techniques, affirmations, self massage and a guided relaxation to end. I could print out the programme for self practice at home and we could add to the programme and adapt it as we progress through it.

I have found a pretty nice room available for hire in central Leeds (just a short walk from the train station) for between £8 - 15 per hour depending on size required / numbers. This would mean just a couple of pounds each to cover room hire for those interested.

Let me know your thoughts on this and we can look into the possibility of starting up early next year if there are enough interested.

Cat :)

oh no_1
24-11-12, 07:22
Who is hoping to go to the Leeds Meet Up?

the usual ones are going to leeds meet and then there may be few new ones, someone from wakefield mentioned maybe going.

t0rt01se36
24-11-12, 09:22
Pleased that it's going to be dry weather, but VERY cold.

Serenitie
24-11-12, 09:25
Pleased that it's going to be dry weather, but VERY cold.

I hope that you can make it Ju :yesyes:

BobbyDog
25-11-12, 08:22
I know we have our meeting next Saturday the 1st of December, but I was wondering what everyone thought about another meet-up before Christmas. Some of us will be alone and it would be something to look forward to instead of dreading the approach of Christmas.

Saturday 22nd December, just a couple of days before Christmas, an excuse to dress up for some of us and to have a Yule tide drink together.

Sarah.xxx

t0rt01se36
25-11-12, 10:27
I know we have our meeting next Saturday the 1st of December, but I was wondering what everyone thought about another meet-up before Christmas. Some of us will be alone and it would be something to look forward to instead of dreading the approach of Christmas.

Saturday 22nd December, just a couple of days before Christmas, an excuse to dress up for some of us and to have a Yule tide drink together.

Sarah.xxx

Where were you thinking of?

Serenitie
25-11-12, 10:29
I could do the weekend before. I'd love that! I'm hoping to go to Edinburgh on 22nd for Christmas