PDA

View Full Version : How fast can you cure?

lovemenot
29-07-12, 21:32
How fast can you cure?

I know most people will say "1 second" but... not the people with our problem...

nomorepanic
30-07-12, 00:21
Cure what sorry?

lovemenot
30-07-12, 00:35
Your "social phobia" "health anxiety" ...etc

nomorepanic
30-07-12, 00:43
Well it can take years and I have not heard anyone say 1 second before

You can't cure long term mental health problems like that

oh no_1
30-07-12, 01:11
i wouldnt say they are cured... i say they learn to manage it is wot i got told?

suzy-sue
30-07-12, 01:15
Theres no such thing as a cure for Anxiety im afraid ..Its a necessary sense we are born with .Unfortunately we get into a bad way of interpreting the signs of this ,and end up overeacting .At best you can manage it and learn to live with it .This could be said as a cure .But it can take a long time of changing you behaviour and way of thinking to do it .It can also de-pend what has caused you to get like this .,and also how long you have suffered .Read up on everything you can on it ,and change your negative thoughts into positive ones ,Its amazing how this will help you intially .All the best Sue

KK77
30-07-12, 02:14
One second? Sounds like a scam to me :busted:

lovemenot
30-07-12, 09:19
Everybody around me, keep telling me "you can change" bla bla bla

PanchoGoz
30-07-12, 09:57
lovemenot, why don't you tell us more about yourself, I don't really understand the messages you sent me...or why you sent them to me...

lovemenot
30-07-12, 10:01
I did wrote about myself into "introduction area", should I copy&paste it here?

flossie
30-07-12, 11:47
I wouldn't say there is a cure. More like an acceptance firstly, then you learn how to change your thought patterns and manage your anxiety.
It takes as long as it takes. No timelines, we are all different in our recovery. Be prepared for set backs, accept them and move on forward.
Get yourself a relaxation CD or download one fron the web. There are lots available so if you don't find the right one for you straight away don't dismiss them all. It could just be a matter of finding the one that you 'connect' with.
Read up on the subject. There is info to get you started on the left side of this screen.
Welcome to NMP by the way.

Donny
30-07-12, 12:01
Best way I can describe it is that it has taken your mind a lifetime of learning what is right and wrong to be anxious about.

But, with us, it is as if someone has pressed the "Anxiety Reset" button in our brains and we have to learn all over again what is appropriate anxiety and what is not.

It is a lot quicker to relearn this as we are mostly all grown-up now but it will still take time. And with some of us it will take the help of medication (me included as well as cbt), cbt and a lot of determination.

I know this is a bit simplistic but it will give you an idea of what you are facing.

try to steer clear of high-priced "Miracle" cures. they will just frustrate you and set you back.