PDA

View Full Version : need advice

sos
19-07-12, 16:51
Hi All,

I have been off work since February this year with depression, anxiety and work related stress, my gp has just given me another sick note for 2 months which i have given to my employer who are now saying they need to get some advice as to what they do next, i'm really worried i will get sacked does anyone know (if any) what rites i have.:unsure:

nomorepanic
19-07-12, 17:07
Hi sos

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
19-07-12, 19:42
If you are able, go to the Citizens Advice Bureau and explain your situation, if you look on the internet you will be able to find details of the nearest one to yourself.

kittikat
19-07-12, 21:10
Hi & :welcome:

Sorry to hear you have been having a bad time. Your employer may want to send you to Occupational Health (which is fine, nothing to worry about) or seek advice on pay etc. It depends how long you have worked there really, and how long you have been unwell as you may be covered by the Equalities Act which would give you more protection. I agree with BobbyDog, get some advice from CAB and try not to worry too much in the meantime. Good luck.

Kitti :)

blue October
19-07-12, 21:32
I have always been in a union http://www.tuc.org.uk/ Although £11 a month they offered me factual information and dealt direct with my employer rather than leaving me to make decisions.

The CAB are also very good, have you been with your current employer over 6 months?

terror-x
20-07-12, 02:19
ive heard of CAB they are ment to be good

sos
20-07-12, 09:04
Thanks guys.

Kittikat I have been to Occy Health already, I have worked for these ppl for 3 years and been unwell since February this year.

I will contact CAB and see what they have to say.

:unsure:

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Hi Kittikat,

Still getting use to this site lol I have been to Occy Health already an have worked for my employer for 3 years and been unwell since february this year

Thanks for your advice

:)

kittikat
20-07-12, 22:30
Thanks guys.

Kittikat I have been to Occy Health already, I have worked for these ppl for 3 years and been unwell since February this year.

I will contact CAB and see what they have to say.

:unsure:

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Hi Kittikat,

Still getting use to this site lol I have been to Occy Health already an have worked for my employer for 3 years and been unwell since february this year

Thanks for your advice

:)

No prob...feel free to message me if you need some support :)