PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety or constant worry cause wind?

reddevil
03-07-12, 20:55
Hello all,

I have not been on this website for sometime because I was basically getting better (for example only seen my doctor twice in 12 months).

Wind, can anxiety cause this?

I'm totaly worried about this symtom, especially as I can not focus on anything else apart from colon cancer etc.

I'm getting wind approx all day, I would say once every 15 minutes.

I went to see my doctor in 2010 regarding something simular, which they did blood tests, rectum examination and a endoscopy and everything came back ok?

If I went to see my doctor, would he repeat all those tests as I do not want to go through them again etc and can anybody explain if anxiety could could wind, especially in I'm focusing on it etc?

Red

PanchoGoz
03-07-12, 21:08
I have it badly in the morning, and it smells very bad and burns :eek: maybe its your diet or lifestyle?

reddevil
03-07-12, 22:46
I have read swallowing more air can cause it.

I was wondering if are are stressing, could we inhale more air then?

Emphyrio
05-07-12, 11:58
Anxiety can cause IBS symtoms - if you're anxious the food can pass through your stomach into your intestine quite rapidly, and thus not be fully digested. Once the partially digested food enters your colon it feeds the bacteria there, with flatulence being the side effect.

You can alter your diet though to help this somewhat - try cutting down on lactose, fructose rich and other products full of fermentable sugars. You don't need to give them up completely, just limit the ones you find worst. And some fruits are better than others - for instance, bananas, blueberries and other soft berries are easily digested compared to apples and pears as they contain as much glucose as fructose which makes digestion easier.

http://ibs.about.com/od/ibsfood/a/The-FODMAP-Diet.htm

Fly away Katie
06-07-12, 18:25
YES. Wind can be due to anxiety. I have lots of it quite a lot of the time -insert embarrassed face here-. I think it IS from swallowing too much air. Don't worry. It's nothing. Don't even pay it any attention xxxxx