PDA

View Full Version : diazepam/headaches

turnthelighton
09-03-12, 12:35
As you may have read in previous posts the doctor has prescribed me diazepam for five days to help me relax. I have had daily headaches for five weeks. What worries me now is I have been taking it for two days and my headaches are still there. I feel more relaxed, though my mind is constantly thinking about my headaches.

I was hoping the headaches might disappear. Just finding it hard to believe that it is tension. Drinking lots of water too.:weep:

jarmummy123
09-03-12, 12:37
I am also drinking loads of water and trying to relax but its hard.
I have pressure in my face today and not so much in my forehead but my neck and shoulders feel so sore and tense and my scalp is sore to touch as well.

turnthelighton
09-03-12, 12:45
I know, my doctor said as soon as I accept it is anxiety it will go. I thought I had accepted but obvisouly not as it is still here.

jarmummy123
09-03-12, 12:52
How is your head today?
Is it still hurting all day and at night?
On a scale of 1-10 (worst) I would say my pain is about 2-3 each day.

turnthelighton
09-03-12, 13:04
I have a tight band around my head and a pressure feeling. I would say it is ache most days around 4. I manage to sleep and when I wake up it is not there but after abuot an hour it arrives and lasts until I go to bed.

jarmummy123
09-03-12, 13:41
Do you get any other problems?

Mine is mainly on my forehead but sometimes seems more on the right side. I also have earache on and off in the right side.

cathycrumble
09-03-12, 13:54
Diazipam always gives me headach I have got them for 2 weeks and I just had to take 2 paracitamol for my headach

Cathy xx

turnthelighton
09-03-12, 14:03
Sometimes get pressure feeling around the face and tingling on the left on the face. But mainly headache is located around the forehead. Painkillers dont touch my headaches.

jarmummy123
09-03-12, 14:38
Today I have a cough and its making my head worse which i Just googled and guess what it said.... so now am all worried again

bignik
09-03-12, 15:18
these are tension anxiety related , I get them all the time too even when Ive nothing to be anxioous about and diazepam doesnt help me either or paracetamol , only thing I find helps is lying in bed and try deep breathing and get relaxed best you can , hot bath every night and a good soak helps