PDA

View Full Version : 2 Types of Anxiety

Stormsky
20-01-12, 14:37
I seem to have 2 different types of anxiety... some days i feel physically good, no dizzy spells, no heavy head... like i say fine physically... wake up fine, feeling good, but the odd obsessional or negative thought that pops in can cause me anxiety, and i spend the day letting it go, and thinking positive... which i am pretty good at doing now....

Then there are the days i wake up, feel physcially heavy headed, like all the chemicals are swimming around my ahead, i cant think straight, feel hot and dreamy state...and this causes me anxiety , (no thoughts were involved to start it, just the physical symptems causing the anxiety that particular day)
Maybe the days i feel physical symptons are depression days?

If i have to choose which to have, id rather feel physcially fine, and just 'see off' the odd negative thought that crops up......:blush:

melvin
20-01-12, 15:26
hi
i think you must be getting stronger to let thoughts go just try to enjoy ur anxiety free days .im the same i go months all ok then months not ok

william wallace
20-01-12, 15:40
Same here, I'd rather have the anxiety than depression. When I'm anxious I feel more inclined to go do something strenuous like gym, splitting logs etc. When I'm down dont want to leave the house.
WW

Stormsky
20-01-12, 15:41
Same here, I'd rather have the anxiety than depression. When I'm anxious I feel more inclined to go do something strenuous like gym, splitting logs etc. When I'm down dont want to leave the house.
WW

same here, i still havent managed to get dressed yet today!

william wallace
20-01-12, 15:49
I must be having a good one because I walked the dog, painted the lounge, put up curtain tracks, made mince and tatties for tea and it's only ten to four.
I deserve a beer tonight dont you agree?
Hope you have a better day tomorrow:hugs:

Stormsky
20-01-12, 16:04
I must be having a good one because I walked the dog, painted the lounge, put up curtain tracks, made mince and tatties for tea and it's only ten to four.
I deserve a beer tonight dont you agree?
Hope you have a better day tomorrow:hugs:

blimey, look at you go! ive got 2 dogs waiting ,not only for walk(well they walk me) but their dinner!... got my own dinner to sort.... best not do all that naked tho!! ive had fab days where i done tons painting, did loads before xmas.... you defo deserve a few beers!!!!! :yesyes:

william wallace
20-01-12, 16:47
blimey, look at you go! ive got 2 dogs waiting ,not only for walk(well they walk me) but their dinner!... got my own dinner to sort.... best not do all that naked tho!! ive had fab days where i done tons painting, did loads before xmas.... you defo deserve a few beers!!!!! :yesyes:

It's ok as long as you shut the curtains, and I'm sure hubby would'nt mind walking in on you:D

Stormsky
20-01-12, 16:52
It's ok as long as you shut the curtains, and I'm sure hubby would'nt mind walking in on you:D
ha ha , its the walking the dogs naked that i dont think id get away with..:D

robinbrum
20-01-12, 16:58
I had several beers last night and predictably my mood is low and I can do sod-all. Time to stop naval-gazing and get off NMP!
William, I had to google tatties...not sure if I'm still hungry now having seen the pictures. I'm sure it tastes better than it sounds and looks:D

Stormsky
20-01-12, 17:03
tatties are just potatoes Robin! nothing unusual !

william wallace
20-01-12, 17:07
ha ha , its the walking the dogs naked that i dont think id get away with..:D

Apart from that it's a bit chilly, I mean goosebumps on top of goosebumps:D

Rob, mince and tatties is a big favourite in Scotland. Brown some minced beef, onions, carrots and beef stock, simmer for an hour, serve with mashed spuds, bread and butter it's almost our national dish:winks:

robinbrum
20-01-12, 17:10
Ah, practically cottage pie then - I thought it involved turnips, which I hate. In fact I'm anxious even thinking about them!

william wallace
20-01-12, 17:22
Ah, practically cottage pie then - I thought it involved turnips, which I hate. In fact I'm anxious even thinking about them!

I suppose it is Rob, only difference is they're side by side instead of tatties on top. Turnips arent very popular here either, I cant stand them either, they smell like a rotting corpse...
I dont mind swede though, goes quite well with haggis:)

Stormsky
20-01-12, 17:37
I suppose it is Rob, only difference is they're side by side instead of tatties on top. Turnips arent very popular here either, I cant stand them either, they smell like a rotting corpse...
I dont mind swede though, goes quite well with haggis:)

Dont know what a rotting corpse smells like, and feel sorry for you if you do...:ohmy:

william wallace
20-01-12, 17:43
Ok it smells like what I imagine a rotting corpse smells like, coz I've never had the actual pleasure:D

Stormsky
20-01-12, 17:44
ha ha!
you are awful but i like it!!!!
think that was Dick Emery!!!!!

william wallace
20-01-12, 17:56
You are awfull, but I like you:D
http://www.tvcream.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/emery.jpg

Stormsky
20-01-12, 18:01
excellent !!!!!

magnesium
22-01-12, 14:02
Hi Stormsky

Its days like the first type that get me out of the house and doing things. Its surprising how all of a sudden itll occur to me one day that i should go do a particular thing and ill actually go and do it. Usually i just feel i should be doing something but am unable to settle with any decisiveness on what. On such days when i do go and do something Ill usually still feel anxious whilst doing it but will feel better for it afterwards. These are the days of small victories. Its probably when our hormones/neurotransmitters are in their proper ratios or something.

May you find such days increasing in number and duration :-)

Hassaan

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

re ww's pic:

mum stop it, your embarrassing me.

H

Em.ma
22-01-12, 14:03
I always thought tatties were what scottish people called potatoes. or does everyone use that nick name for potatoes lol

william wallace
22-01-12, 14:12
You right Emma Scots call them tatties but I think down your way in the posh south they call them potatoes:D

Em.ma
22-01-12, 18:57
Thought so :D