PDA

View Full Version : Contamination - My life revolves around cleaning.

Galaxy
13-12-11, 11:10
Hi There

I have recently joined but I really need to get this off my chest. This problem has been going on for years and isn't getting any better. It is getting me down and making me feel ill.

I cannot stand the thought of dirt and germs. We have a dishwasher but sometimes my husband washes things by hand and uses a dishcloth and dries with a tea-towel which I am convinced are full of bacteria etc. I know, especially where food is concerned, you have to keep crockery and cutlery clean but where do you draw the line?

Also I don't like people walking into the house with their shoes on when I think what they have been walking over eg dog mess. I don't like touching the flush of the toilet and have to use a tissue. I also don't like touching the bin or the buttons on pelican crossings. It all disgusts me and I am constantly washing my hands.

I know these things sound really stupid but it is ruining my life. I am constantly worrying about dirt and germs and my life revolves around cleaning.

Is there anyone out there who understands what I'm going through or who has had the same problem and managed to be cured?

Thanks for any replies.

Jackspratt51
13-12-11, 11:44
Hi Galaxy,

Have you seen your GP about this?

It's the only way to go....... one step at a time...... no miracles for any of us here.

Take the first step.

John

Bella_ella
14-12-11, 11:07
Hi Galaxy.

I went to my GP yesterday with my OCD. It's not the same as your going through but I understand how it's taking over your life. My GP was lovely and he put me on some tablets. Jackspratt51 is right, it really is the first step and today I feel better than I have felt for ages :)

xxx

Galaxy
14-12-11, 11:43
Many thanks for your replies.

I should have mentioned earlier that I have already been to see my GP. I am coming off Paroxetine which worked brilliantly years ago for my anxiety and depression but did not work at all when I took them again recently.

At my request, my GP referred me to a Homeopathic doctor as I have heard that Homeopathy can help some people with OCD, anxiety and depression. I haven't received the medication yet but am keen to give it a try.

Bella_ella, I would be interested to hear what tablets have you have been prescribed?

Also I would still like to hear from others who have a fear of dirt and germs.

Thanks