PDA

View Full Version : new member

kelly_uk
30-05-06, 23:33
hi i have a bit of a problem i am currently on fluoxitine 40mg doing ok for the past 7 days but i feel scared and anxious that i going to back to depression again and feel like something is going to happen to me sillly i know any advice would be nice thank you and i also feel angry all the time:(

kelly guy

Daisybun
30-05-06, 23:38
Hi Kelly and welcome. You didn't say whther you've been on Fluoxitine a long time, or only 7 days. It takes time for meds to get into your system so if you are new then that could be why, as it can get worse before it gets better. I think we all have good day s and bad days, so put it down to a bad day and tomorrow will be better. Keep looking forward and don't let fear take hold, you are on the way up.
Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

manmoor
31-05-06, 09:57
Hi Kelly

Welcome to the best place in the world for advice and chat. My doc also put me on Fluoxitine months ago and as Daisybun says it takes a while for them to get into your system. Hope you feel better soonx

Mandyx

existential crisis
31-05-06, 10:51
Kelly,

If you only been on the fluoxetine for 7 days then your mood changes could be down to just starting the medication. As for being anxious that your depression is coming back then I would only worry about that if you are actually starting to present with symptoms of depression, dont worry about it comng back if you currently are not feeling low. Feeling angry all the time can be part of anxiety, I suffered with this myself even when not suffering from depression - it's part of this frustrating condition me thinks. Feeling like something is going to happen to you, a feeling of dread or impending doom is also part of anxiety, of course nothing IS going to happen. If you havent been on the meds for very long just stick with them and i'm sure you'll be feeling better very soon. Clare. xxx

*I think, therefore I am.*

Keitharcher
31-05-06, 19:25
Hi kelly and welcome to nmp. here you will find lots of people that can help you overcome your problems. I would think ifthe meds agree with you then you will be allright

Keith