PDA

View Full Version : Hi !

jassymink
16-11-11, 18:17
Hi all,I stumbled upon this website yesterday.I have been looking for someone that would relate to my problem & never found anyone/anything?I have OCD of being obsessed with swallowing & mouth(as if there is something I need to watch).It started in 2006 while I was pregnant with my first baby,I had heartburn that i was trying to overcome by swallowing & it just got hooked,never went away,causing me tremendous torture,anxiety panic etc.I even had suicidal thoughts just to get away from it.I went on zoloft just for 3 months& stayed with family ..suffered the entire pregnancy.The problem magically went away,I had another baby,was diagnosed & treated for thyroid cancer in 2008 but nothing i couldn't cope with. & the ocd returned after 3 years in 2009 when I recieved radioactive iodine treatment for thyroid cancer & had to be in isolation at a hotel since i have small kids & couldn't be around them.So got medications & therapy & again I recovered..& this time again i made a mistake of discontinuing my meds again last year in december...did fine without it for a year & now I am having a full blown relapse.Going back to meds now & hoping it will go away just like before.Until then ,I feel like I am in hell..I hope you all can understand & relate somewhat..thanks for reading this far.:weep:

nomorepanic
16-11-11, 18:18
Hi jassymink

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.