PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Clivegsd
29-05-06, 14:37
Hello from me, Clive, I am looking through the various disability and Carers message boards and came upon this one. Nice format BTW, I really like this style.

I run the busiest Carers online support group and I am a full time Carer fro my wife Christine who has amongst other things (deep breath) Moebius Syndrome, grand mal epilepsy, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Meniere's Disease, depression, an undiagnosed heart condition...think that's all at the moment?

I just dropped in to say 'hello'

I'll go have a browse.

ukcarers.org.uk

scoobygirl2005
29-05-06, 15:16
Hi.

Sorry to hear that. A big warm welcome to the site! You will find lots of help and support here!

Scooby2005
x x

jackie
29-05-06, 15:47
hiya clive

dont know quite which way to take your introduction. but hello anyway. if your wife has a fear of all these things then i hope she too can come on and see she is not alone

so glad you care enuf to come on yourslef

jackie

May Day
29-05-06, 16:52
Hi Clive

Welcome to the site. You and your wife have a lot to cope with but you'll find freinds and support here.

take care

May

The brightest, sunniest day may follow the darkest, stormiest night ... enjoy the sun

clickaway
29-05-06, 19:09
Hi Clive,

Glad to know that you found us and I hope we can help you and your wife in anyway we can.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

giddy
29-05-06, 19:26
Welcome to the site Clive
Love Helen

trac67
30-05-06, 12:21
Hi Clive,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Clivegsd
30-05-06, 13:03
My introduction was meant in the nicest possible way, I'm a little ham-fisted when I post so please forgive that OK?

My wife has her hands full but doesn't use the computer much, and has given up trying to find others with Moebius Syndrome to communicate with as there are only around 90 diagnosed with it in the country (England that is) I tend to do all the 'work' for her which can be frustrating fro her.

I meant I like the set up of the forum here, ours (UK Carers, not to be confused with the charity Carers UK) is a PHP set up, this one looks different, I like it.

Would you like a link to this board on our site? Just wondering and if you did how would you like it worded, let me know, I'm easy (or so the rumours have it ;)

ukcarers.org.uk

PanickyPolly
30-05-06, 13:37
Hi Clive, just wanted to let you know I also have Raynauds and a rare disorder called Ehlers Danlos syndrome and suspected autonomic dysfunction

Alexandra
30-05-06, 15:19
Hi Clive

Welcome to the forum.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

manmoor
30-05-06, 17:56
Hi Clive

Welcome to the best forum in the world

Mandy x

Daisybun
30-05-06, 21:14
Hi Clive and Christine and welcome. You really sound like you have been and continue to be going through a tough time. Thanks for posting, you'll find lots of support here.
Take care

Daisybun

'This too will pass'

chucklehound
31-05-06, 13:12
Hi Clive and welcome to NMP

shiv
31-05-06, 19:26
Hello there and welcome to the forum. Nice to hear from a carer.

Shiv x

Clivegsd
01-06-06, 11:22
Again many thanks for the kind welcomes, yup, we both have a hard time of things but you just keep plodding on as best you can don't you?

Oh I'm getting quite a reputation as a Carer, our site challenges anyone who exploits us (Carers) and that includes charities too, our members have been on the BBC and I did an interview with BBC Radio Cumbria a week or two ago, very nerve wracking it was too.

I have an annoying habit off going 'off topic' so forgive me if I do that at times, which I'm doing now [Duh!] Sorry about that, still reading trying to get an idea of the place and the people here but I have to dash for a while.

Clive

ukcarers.org.uk

darkangel
01-06-06, 12:10
hi clive

good to hear from other carers too

........life is for living not just for surviving

seh1980
01-06-06, 14:49
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Clivegsd
11-06-06, 13:29
Phew, computers :( Been trying to get my main one working properly, it's only 9 months old, it conked out, I got in touch with the people that (supposedly) come out and repair it under the guarantee, 2 repairs later it's a WORSE than EVER!!!

I am trying to get it either repaired properly or replaced BUT it has all my 'favourites/bookmarks' on it an I couldn't find this board when I used a very old computer I have or the wife's laptop, I fired up the new one and got this places address and wrote it down so I could put it on my old computer and get back here!!! Ahh the wonders of technology :D

ukcarers.org.uk

nomorepanic
11-06-06, 16:22
Clive

Hope you get it sorted soon - glad you found us again!

Nicola