PDA

View Full Version : Involuntary muscle jerks

Hemaluta
04-11-11, 07:59
Morning,

I'm in need if some reassurance :-( for about 5 weeks iv noticed my muscles jerking in practically every part of my body.. I counted 20 times in an hour yesterday, sometimes big jolts and sometimes just little muscle flickers. I told the doc but she didn't seem concerned. If anyone else gets this please let me know,

Angie xx

kirstynic
04-11-11, 09:11
I do get this, and in august was accompanied by a constant headache, I had an MRI and it was all clear. I still get the muscle jerks now, back then I could almost feel a jerk comin and it would make me feel sick, but now they just happen sometimes when I am nervous or anxious or even when I am cold. It's weird and happens all over mainly my legs or arms.

Hope this helps

amzo
04-11-11, 21:19
Hi Hemaluta

I experience this sometimes. I've had my index finger start twitching, my bicep and even my calf muscles. Mine are symptoms of anxiety but are starting to get better now as I am starting to feel better about myself. Hope you get better soon.

Witchitygrub
05-11-11, 00:33
Hi Hemaluta yes i do get this, my head will twitch or jolt, I actually hate the Physical side of anxiety. I twitch bad when very stressed or anxious, not Tourette's bad but it bothers me. I guess the only way to try to help this is relax right?. :whistles:

BigDaz
05-11-11, 13:01
I get this when I'm tired, it's a nuisance but not harmful.
Plenty of sleep and cutting down on caffeine can help.

Hemaluta
06-11-11, 22:09
Thanks for replying, I'm getting a bit obsessed with it now, just nodding off on the sofa and my leg jolted so much it woke me up and scared the he'll out of my boyfriend :-( x

no-moving-lines
10-11-11, 13:07
My head can twitch when my anxiety is very bad. I hate this symptom and think it alone has done considerable damage to my self esteem and confidence.

My movements are often jerky and tense, my hands always tremor a little, though not badly. But the head twitching makes me look so odd and psychotic. urh.

Sarahjosephine
25-06-12, 01:58
I get this a lot. I just have weird jerky movements in my head and neck and then notice twitching in my limbs and the more I worry about it the more it happens and the more I notice it. It's so calming to know I'm not the only one...we will get through this :-)