PDA

View Full Version : distancing yourself from people

loverblesarah
24-08-11, 15:49
hi, i have been put on some tablets due to anxiety...called citalopram

And normally i loved chatting on the phone, and hated it when people had to go, now when people ring me i ignore the phone, dont want to speak to noone i get nervous in case they say something that will 'make me worry' i guess.

I also have been ignoring the door to people that normally come round

has anyone else felt like this...?

xx

Veronica H
24-08-11, 16:49
I think you will find that this will pass as your nerves recover. You are probably exhausted. It is important to let people in though, so don't become too isolated.

Vx

crystal17
24-08-11, 22:25
Hi - yes I'm on citalopram too, have been for 6 years.

I try to distance most people from my life these days except my little boy.

Nobody knows the real me anymore.

I understand where you're coming from, its prob easier and safer for you to keep your distance and block out any emotional 'risks'.
It's like a defence mechanism I guess.

I'm sure in time it will balance itself out and you will start to feel more like you again, the tablets will help but might take a few weeks.

Tyke
25-08-11, 00:31
Hi Sarah

Yeah, I've been like this. I've never been one for chatting on the phone that much, but when my anxiety and depression was at it's peak I didnt want to go out anywhere or meet anyone and would have felt far more comfortable not facing anyone at all.

I was put on another SSRI anti-depressant (Sertraline) and after a tough few weeks due to side effects I started to feel so much better.

Tyke

Thinkingimmad85
03-09-11, 13:25
I completely know how you feel, I too have been distancing myself from people, I just don't want to be bothered by anyone. I have been feeling like this for ages and even talking to my husband is a chore. Your not alone hun xx

Mirabelle
03-09-11, 13:38
I am exactly the same. I am a hermit most og the time. My daughters live away and when they come to stay it is a real strain for me. I just want my house back to myself. I live alone so it's even worse.
x